Using expression pedal for Wah and Whammy

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Using expression pedal for Wah and Whammy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Shaked97
      Participant

Hey everyone,
      I have a H9 on my board and I want to start using expression pedal instead my crybaby (and to add a Whammy pedal)
      Someone uses expression pedal for wahwah and whammy and can tell if it’ll do the job or should I stay with my crybaby.
      Thanks.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Shaked97 wrote:
      Hey everyone, I have a H9 on my board and I want to start using expression pedal instead my crybaby (and to add a Whammy pedal) Someone uses expression pedal for wahwah and whammy and can tell if it'll do the job or should I stay with my crybaby. Thanks.

Do you have an expression pedal now? You can try the Q-wah (for example, preset F6 in H9 Control) for a wahwah effect, and PitchFlex algorithm for all sorts of whammy effects.

camn
      Participant

They are usable depending on your expectations. 

I played with an EXP only in a band that was not ~terribly~ solo-heavy. So I needed a wah for funky rhythm parts and the like, and it was totally fine. The whamme doesnt track as well as Digi’s, but it was usable if it isnt the total focus of your lines. 

NOW, I play more solo-heavy stuff, and I have an Xotic Wah on my board. I don’t use the Whammy enough to want one though. When I need it, the H9 suffices.

You should, however, get a EXP for the H9 for OTHER reasons. It’s use on fading in delays, sweeping effext mixes, etc is totally worth a spot- I think moreso than a DigiWhammy on anyone’s board except Tom Morellos 🙂 Then you can test out the Algos for yourself, see what you wanna do.

Shaked97
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

Shaked97 wrote:
      Hey everyone, I have a H9 on my board and I want to start using expression pedal instead my crybaby (and to add a Whammy pedal) Someone uses expression pedal for wahwah and whammy and can tell if it’ll do the job or should I stay with my crybaby. Thanks.

Do you have an expression pedal now? You can try the Q-wah (for example, preset F6 in H9 Control) for a wahwah effect, and PitchFlex algorithm for all sorts of whammy effects.

I don’t have expression pedal yet. I know that the effect are exist. my question it’s about their quality and their dynamices compared the Crybaby and the Whammy.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.