using foot controller with h90

Home Forums Products Stompboxes using foot controller with h90

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      willcrook69
      Participant

hi, I am using a ehx triple foot controller

on one preset I have created 3 different hotswitch sounds for different parts of the song but whenever I press any of the buttons on it nothing changes, I have tried both ports in the back of the h90

is there something I am doing wrong here?

ehx

brock
      Participant

Have you calibrated the H90 for your aux switches yet?  [System] – I/O – Exp  & Aux – Calibration On (then Calibration back to Off once all are locked in).

willcrook69
      Participant

I can’t seem to find an option for calibration in there? just some assignments for midi

brock
      Participant
      willcrook69
      Participant

ah so that menu is only availible on the actual unit and not through the software?

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

That’s correct, you must calibrate the expression pedals or switches on the pedal itself.

Press and hold the Programs and Routing buttons to enter the System Menu, scroll over to “I/O” and select it, and then scroll over to the “Exp & Aux” page to calibrate them.

brock
      Participant

It’s not in front of me right now, so I don’t recall.  But if that is the case, it would make sense to me.  You are calibrating accessories to the hardware itself.  Offhand, I can think of another example:  Under System / About, the Versions are a lot more detailed & specific.

willcrook69
      Participant

after calibrated it still doesn’t work properly,

one of the foot switches is turning the effect on or off (green light to no green light)  despite all hotswitches being assigned to different eq variations of the same effect (as per my screenshot)

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

In your screenshot, you have Aux Switch #2 assigned to Program > Byp/Act, so that would make Footswitch #2 bypass or activate the Program. You will need to delete this mapping by setting the Control Source to “Off”.

In the Performance Parameter Mapping page, try the following:

Switch: P

Parameter: HotSwitch 1

Control Source: Aux > Switch #1

This will map HotSwitch 1 to Aux Switch #1.

If you’d always like your Aux Switches to control the 3 HotSwitches, this can be done using Global Mappings. These mappings are configured under System > External Control.

https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.3.0/content/appendix/global.html

willcrook69
      Participant

thank you,

is there a way to set them so I press them once to activate the hotswitch and press them again to turn it off and return to normal settings?

also is it possible to add or remote an effect with it ?

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Yes, mapping a HotSwitch to an external footswitch will make it so the footswitch activates the HotSwitch. Pressing the footswitch again will deactivate the HotSwitch.

Any parameter can be mapped to a controller. Press and hold the parameter to enter the mapping menu, and assign the control source to whatever you’d like to use. You can also use the “Learn” function – https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h90/1.3.0/content/edit-modes/parameters.html#mapping

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.