using Ground Control Pro w/ the Time Factor?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes using Ground Control Pro w/ the Time Factor?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      J.Paul
      Participant

Anyone have some feedback on using the Time Factor with a VDL Ground Control?
      ~ Can I control the tap tempo w/ the GC?
      ~Can I bypass w/ the ground control?

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Not tried it with the Ground Control, personally…. but I do not see why it would not work for things like bypass etc.

the one word of causion is that the Factor boxes use CC for tap tempo with a value of over 64(?) for the beat pulse. so if your midi controller has a On/Off CC method, like my Rocktron Midimate then only 1 in 2 clicks is seen as a "beat" due to the time factor not listening to the "0" value of one of the clicks.

I have looked at other controllers and a lot of the lower / mid range work this way.

The Ground Control was one I was going to look at next to see if it would work for me.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

looking at the manual TAP TEMPO should be fine as the GCP has a "momentary" switch option, if you set the tap tempo button you want to be CC and momentary… you should be fine.

Looks like I will have to pick one up

sjoplin

I have the original ground control setup and also with the stereo mixer from them.

I have the ground control configured to control tap tempo, rpt, and then doing program changes as well.  Because i'm using it with the stereo mixer I don't have to bypass the unit but instead just use one of the ground control loops to either send signal to the TF or not.

hope that answers your questions.  let me know if you need any specifics.  I remember most of the work being on the TF side.  You need a cable that is stereo 1/4" on the TF side, that breaks out to two mono 1/4" connectors on the other side.  Plug the two mono cables into the out loop jacks on the ground control, then configure in the TF.  I think you also have to change the config on the ground control so the switches are latch, can't remember the exact settings here at work.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.