Using H9 control to move presets to slots in the H9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Using H9 control to move presets to slots in the H9

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      neoland
      Participant

Hi Guys,

I got a little problem with the H9 control, I shall try to explain:

I like to make a new patch in the H9 and then move it to slot 27 (don’t ask, it’s my method of doing things)  in the pedal. Now I edit the list and move the patch to slot 27, everything works fine. Now I’m making another patch but move it in, say slot 18. All is working great, except for the fact that my patch in 27 has moved to 28. Isn’t it possible just to lock a patch to a slot. I’m only using 5 patches, and I’ve been working on this for about three hours to get it right. Well at least it’s working now, but I shivver by the thought of making a new patch and place it somewhere. This will envolve moving around the other 5, which ofcourse all move to another position when adding a new patch. 

I got a lot of equipment with midi of the years, but this is the very first time I’ve been struggeling. Am I the only one?  

gkellum
      Participant
      neoland wrote:

I got a lot of equipment with midi of the years, but this is the very first time I've been struggeling. Am I the only one?  

Lots of people have had trouble with the preset list functionality in H9 Control.  So, you're not the only one…

I made a quick screen capture on my Mac showing two different ways of adding a preset to a preset list using the "Edit List" drag and drop functionality in the Preset List screen.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1383432/preset_list_insertion_vs_replacement.mov

I start out with a preset list with six presets.  First, I drag and replace the Chorus preset "Liquid Sweetener" onto preset position 2.  When you drag and replace, you'll notice that no other presets in the list get moved.  Then, I drag and insert the Filter Pong preset "WubbaWubbaWubba" to preset position 3.  When you drag and insert, you'll notice that all of the presets above the newly inserted preset get moved up by one position.  But you can still keep the rest of your presets at their given positions if you delete one of the presets by dragging it off the list.  This will shift everything down by one again.  I do that with the "Spring Theory" preset at position 4…

neoland
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

I start out with a preset list with six presets.  First, I drag and replace the Chorus preset “Liquid Sweetener” onto preset position 2.  When you drag and replace, you’ll notice that no other presets in the list get moved.  Then, I drag and insert the Filter Pong preset “WubbaWubbaWubba” to preset position 3.  When you drag and insert, you’ll notice that all of the presets above the newly inserted preset get moved up by one position.  But you can still keep the rest of your presets at their given positions if you delete one of the presets by dragging it off the list.  This will shift everything down by one again.  I do that with the “Spring Theory” preset at position 4…

Ok gkellum,

I didn’t even know, or noticed, there were two ways of dragging (replace or insert). 

Thanks very much, I’ll give it a go tonight!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.