Using H9 with 2 iputs and one output

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Using H9 with 2 iputs and one output

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      string6
      Participant

I want to use an H9 with both inputs, where input 2 will only receive signal when the tuner is on (using a programmable switcher) but with one output in mono.

Will there be any effect on the sound considering I have something connected to input 2 but with no actual guitar signal when playing ?

gkellum
      Participant

I think there will be.  The H9 will detect that something is plugged into the second jack and configure its algorithms to run in stereo mode but there won't be a stereo signal…

string6
      Participant

Will there be any effect when using algorithms which don't work in true stereo ? i.e. sending the exact same signal to both outputs ?

gkellum
      Participant

I don't think so.  Hopefully, my colleague, Nick, will chime in to verify that.  By the way I posted a classification of the algorithms by whether they're dual mono, stereo summed to mono, or true stereo on the gearpage a while back:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?p=17955988#post17955988

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you send the same thing to both inputs, you should be OK.

When you only plug in one jack, it connects the signal to both channels, so it should be the same thing.

string6
      Participant

The inputs are not getting the same signal. Input 2 is for tuner only, so basically, it's like having just a plug in there

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.