Using Midi Control Changes with G-Lab GSC 3 and 2 H9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Using Midi Control Changes with G-Lab GSC 3 and 2 H9

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tobias Reh
      Participant

Hi All,

I am struggling with my new set-up, which contains a G Lab GSC 3 and two H9s. One for the loop and one in front of the amp.
      Setting presets and switches is not the problem, but I want to send a CC to one of the H9 to switch on a preset and with a second push switch it off again.
      Has anyone nearly the same set-up or generally can give me explanation for this?

The second issue I have also refers to CCs. I want to set one switch on the GSC for tempo tapping. Same problem here, nothing works.

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Alas, this really sounds as if you should be talking to G Lab.

The H9 Manual will tell you how to use MIDI CC to control BYPASS and TAP TEMPO, but we cannot tell you how to set up your controller to send the correct messages.

Note that there is some confusion as to whether these messages should set a state, or toggle (change) it. If this is your issue, give us full details.

nitefly

Toggle using one switch to toggle between active an bypass

nickrose wrote:

Alas, this really sounds as if you should be talking to G Lab.

The H9 Manual will tell you how to use MIDI CC to control BYPASS and TAP TEMPO, but we cannot tell you how to set up your controller to send the correct messages.

Note that there is some confusion as to whether these messages should set a state, or toggle (change) it. If this is your issue, give us full details.

nitefly

Its easy to set up, but it doesnt work, I have the same configuration  using two H9’s. You have to assign one H9 MIDI channel 3 as its the one with ctrl and prog changes. Assign a program change (eg 127)on your H9 to toggle Active/Bypass and then on your GSC-3 program assign a midi prog to your switch of choice and add the ctrl change. Why it doesnt work I cant figure out. if both companies adhere to the MIDI to the standard then it should. I hoop its clear trying to explain this stuff is difficult enough

ie, On your H9 set midi recieve channel to 3 | Set “toggle Active / Bypass” to 127 in “program change recieve map” |

on your GSC-3 select Preset of choice (say 25 for e.g) and assign it to midi channel 3  | on selected preset add change for prog 25   |  assign Ctrl number 127

For Eventides information: I have assigned  program change to 127 to test if the GSC-3 sends the program nummer and it does, so the question is why does your equipment not toggle when it recieves the signal assigned? this was not a problem with my Space bx.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.