Using Moog Multi-Pedal to make Preset/Bank changes of Space and TimeFactor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Using Moog Multi-Pedal to make Preset/Bank changes of Space and TimeFactor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Indidog

Hello friends.  Am I correct in thinking that I can use the MIDI out of the Moog Multi Pedal to send CC messages to my Space and TimeFactor and have them change to Presets/Banks of my choosing?  I know I can send CC messages with the Moog Multi Pedal and I was thinking that's what I'd use to tell the Eventide's what patch # to go to.  This is the first time I've even thought about using CC's so I'm a little confused.  Thanks in advance for any advice!

Imerkat
      Participant

Hello!!

I have the Moog Multi-Pedal (MP-201). and yes you can but you're going to want to send PC (program change) messages for preset changes. You don't even need to Map the PC messages or have the same channel in the eventides. The Moog can be programmed to send PC message on whatever channel and preset you want to pull. You can also assign CC messages to bypass the pedal as soon as you load a preset in the Moog and toggle it on/off as needed. The Cool thing about the Moog is that you can use the CV outputs to control the Exp. Pedal in the Eventides. I wouldn't recommend the Moog Pedal as a midi controller  if you are trying to control more then 2 midi devices. It works best as a midi to CV mediator or an LFO generator. 

Indidog

Hey, thanks so much for the response!  I'll be lookin further into the PC messages.  If / when you have a moment, could you explain a detail or two about how the units actually communicate?  I'm not sure how to let the Eventide's know what to do when the PC message comes thru.  

At this point, I'm using the MP201 to control a MURF (3 cv's) and a Ring Mod (the other cv).  I'd loooove to be able to turn the preset on the MP201 and have both my Eventide's change to the symbiotic preset of my choice.

Thanks again!

Imerkat
      Participant

ok so I’ll assume you only have Space and TF hooked up into the MP-201 Thru/Out Daisy chain the Factor pedal's midi ports properly and enable Thru Function on the first pedal. And that you are using the Single Channel Mod on the MP (recommended).

So how i understand the communication is akin to a one-way radio

The only thing you need to do on the eventide is make sure they are in different midi channels (Space Manual p.39) Set Space to Midi Channel 1

So the MP has Four channels that each can transmit 1 PC message on one of any 16 "midi channels". They are sent immediately as you enter into a preset in the MP. to make it easy setup enter the  MP channel 1 setup-> scroll  until you get midi channel and default should be channel 1. They  are now linked to communicate.

I believe in Space  the preset number is the same as the PC message number needed to load it (or could be PC#0-99 = preset1-100). Scroll until you get to Program Change and PC message should be the same as the Preset number (or PC#17=Preset 18). now every time you recall that preset in the MP Space will load that preset.

it's easier than it sounds even though that just scratches the surface

Smile

Indidog

Just scratches the surface?!  Gees, I've got alot to learn!

Thanks x1,000,000 for the info.  I'm going to sit down and mess with this stuff right now.  I really really appreciate it.

Indidog

This is all working beautifully!  Thanks again.

(the prg change to preset is 0-99)

Imerkat
      Participant

You're welcome, i'm glad i could help!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.