Using Octatrack to toggle Active/Bypass

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Using Octatrack to toggle Active/Bypass

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      kmeyerpdx
      Participant

Hello! I’m trying to use my Octatrack to toggle Active/Bypass on an Eventide Space pedal.

I’m using the program changes to change the preset, and so far as I know, the OT can only send one PC per pattern, so I can’t use pattern changes to control Active/Bypass as well. (If anyone here is familiar with the OT and knows differently, please share!)

So that leaves me to try to toggle Active/Bypass via CCs. I can confirm that the OT is successfully sending CC messages to other synths and gear properly, but the Space pedal doesn’t receive for some reason. I’ve tried to configure the CCs for Bypass and Toggle under the RCV CTL menu on the pedal directly, and via the H9 Control app as well. I’ve also tried a number of different CC numbers (0, 10, 20, etc) and none of them work.

The only thing I can think of at this point is that I have the pedal in some mode that ignores CC messages altogether, because the preset CCs for the 10 parameter knobs (22-31) don’t react to incoming CC values from the Octatrack either.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

First try different cables and exchange IN and OUT. If all else fails, check settings, especially:

[RCV CHANNEL] – try OMNI and see if it changes anything.

[RCV CTL] – you've probably used this.

kmeyerpdx
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

First try different cables and exchange IN and OUT. If all else fails, check settings, especially:

[RCV CHANNEL] – try OMNI and see if it changes anything.

[RCV CTL] – you’ve probably used this.

I figured out what it was – I had a USB cable plugged in to change some settings in the H9 app, and apparently the pedal ignores din midi when a USB cable is plugged in? As soon as I remove the USB cable, everything started working as I would expect.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

That would do it – apologies for not thinking of it.

Presumably then you also couldn't load programs with PCs.

kmeyerpdx
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

Presumably then you also couldn’t load programs with PCs.

Yep! When I realized PCs weren’t working either, that’s exactly what clued me in.

Rod18

Hi there everyone ! is it possible to control the virtual effect control knobs of the H9 from the octatrack ?  instead of using the ipad I’d like to use the octatrack knobs to tweak the parameters of the h9 effects even tho octatrack has 8 knobs not 11 like the factors

anyone knows ? any youtube link or at least could tell me if it’s possible

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.