Using Pitchfactor with bass – generating power chords one octave above the root?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Using Pitchfactor with bass – generating power chords one octave above the root?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      goatghost

My bass player is looking a device that can generate a power chord (root and perfect fifth), one octave above the note he is playing (he will be splitting his signal, so he would only want the “wet” signal coming out of the device).

It appears that the Pitchfactor can do this, but I just want to be sure…especially, since it appears to be an “intelligent” device. I want to be sure that it can be programmed to respond “chromatically”, as opposed to “diatonically”, especially in regard to generating a perfect fifth at the seventh step. Does a key need to be defined for a preset and will this affect it generating a perfect fifth at all times?

Thanks!

wedelich
      Eventide Staff
      goatghost wrote:

My bass player is looking a device that can generate a power chord (root and perfect fifth), one octave above the note he is playing (he will be splitting his signal, so he would only want the "wet" signal coming out of the device).

It appears that the Pitchfactor can do this, but I just want to be sure…especially, since it appears to be an "intelligent" device. I want to be sure that it can be programmed to respond "chromatically", as opposed to "diatonically", especially in regard to generating a perfect fifth at the seventh step. Does a key need to be defined for a preset and will this affect it generating a perfect fifth at all times?

Thanks!

This is one of my main tricks as a bass player now using the PF or H9 with the new Wet/Dry Routing features.  The box will split the signal for you, putting all the wet (harmonies) out of one channel and the dry signal out of the other.  The routing configuration is also changeable on a per preset basis.  

Also, the PF is capable of chromatic harmonies using the PitchFlex or Harmodulator algorithms with no key/scale selection required.  

So, in other words, it should get the job done for your bass player! 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.