V3 Midi Clock

Home Forums Products Stompboxes V3 Midi Clock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      sjoplin

Can someone verify if you can lock tempo through midi clk between 2 stompboxes that have both been upgraded to version 3 Beta?  I have watched the tutorial video 10 times, looks pretty basic and simple, but I can't get my Pitch and Time factors to sync together.  I have tried both as the master and still no luck.  They are both at V3 beta, anyone?

thanks,

Hey,

I have synched the Timefactor (master) and the Modfactor (slave) together; both with version 3. Should work without any problems.

Have you followed the manual correctly ? Set the master to midi clock out and the slave to midi clock in.

Maybe the midi-cable is defect ?

sjoplin

Thanks for the quick response.  The midi cable is good, but I did go back and check one setting, to make sure the master pedal has the midi output set to XMT (Doh, on my part, but it doesn't cover that in the video, and now it has broken something else).

My setup is a Digital Music Ground Control, with loops, etc.  So i have the Ground control midi out going to my Time Factor, then the midi output of the TF goes to the midi in of the Pitch Factor.  I'm using a loop on the Ground Control to set tap tempo on the TF via the aux switch input.  I had the midi output on the TF set to Thru so the Program changes from the ground control will change patches on the TF and Pitch Factor.  

Now if I set the TF output to XMT, the program changes don't pass through and change settings on the Pitch Factor it stops at the TF.   I'll mess around with PGRM map and PGRM XMT/RCV, but in general I'm hoping i don't have to create a separate program for every possible combination of patches between the TF and PF.  That would be a lot to remember 🙂

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.  Bottom line, is there a way to have Midi output set to XMT on the TF so the midi clock works, but also have the program changes flow through the TF without having to setup a map for every program?

thanks,

Uh, sounds complicated … 🙂

I have only used the Midi-Functions to control the BPM, nothing else. My only suggestion is you should probably try it with just the Factor Pedals and see if they work alone. If they do, then add the next piece to the chain …

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.