Home › Forums › Products › Stompboxes › V3 Naming Presets on Timefactor help!
- This topic is empty.
December 6, 2010 at 10:09 pm #107450richardbMemberHi there, managed to load the new V3 software has loaded perfectly. Just trying to re-name my presets and don't seem to be able to do it. See instructions below from the updatesite:-After entering Save Mode, press the Right Footswitch and the first character of the Preset Name will flash. Turning the Encoder will change this character. The available character set is 'A-Z','a-z', '0-9'.
– The Left and Right Footswitch LEDs will be flashing green, to show that TimeFactor is in Save Mode and that these switches can be used to navigate between edit fields.Can you clarify which is save mode. I use the right footswitch to go from bank mode to play. Play mode is where I create my new presets. I then use the encoder to save them as 1. 1, 1.2 etc. Then I press the right foot switch and it goes back to Bank mode. If I touch the right footswitch it changes the tempo, I can't figure out how I get to 'save mode', and I've never seen a point when my leds flash green.Slightly confused! Am I missing something really obvious?Thanks in advance for any help!!!Show More...Show Less...
December 6, 2010 at 10:22 pm #121143nickroseModeratorEventide Staff
Save mode is when you press and hold the encoder knob to get to the place where you can save the preset.
December 7, 2010 at 10:58 pm #121154richardbMember
Thanks, I'll give it another try!
December 10, 2010 at 2:11 pm #132329richardbMember
Thanks for your help, able to re-name presets – fantastic!!
December 1, 2013 at 11:15 pm #135853adukes1Member
PLEASE HELP!!! IM ON THE VERGE OF SELLING MY TIMEFACTOR IF THIS DOESNT WORK
i just bought this thing and i have updated to v3.5 and i'm not able to name my presets. what am i doing wrong?!?!?! when i enter "save mode" i don't have ANY red and green flashing led's and i'm not able to change characters. all i can do is save help!
December 2, 2013 at 5:47 pm #135857nickroseModeratorEventide Staff
More information please.
Exactly what are you doing (describe all steps).
What do you see ?
What did you expect to see ?
December 4, 2013 at 2:49 pm #135859adukes1Member
so upon power up im in live mode as normal. i change parameters of the effect to something i like. then i press and hold the encoder to enter "save mode". im able to press and hold encoder again to save that preset. it displays bank 1:1 my LEDs are not flashing any colors and when i press and hold the right footswitch nothing happens. basically i can save as normal but im not able to rename my presets.
December 4, 2013 at 5:47 pm #135860nickroseModeratorEventide Staff
Thanks for getting back – now I can see that your problem is lack of information (our fault) – naming presets is buried on the Update Page (I've copied it below). You have to do the preset naming while still in "save mode" – this is so that it is done before the actual save occurs on the second press and hold.
TimeFactor now gives you the ability to name your Presets. When you
load a new Preset in Bank Mode, the entire Preset name will scroll once.
Then the Bank/Preset number will be displayed, followed by the first
4-6 letters of the Preset Name.
To Edit the Preset Name:
-After entering Save Mode, press the Right Footswitch and the first
character of the Preset Name will flash. Turning the Encoder will change
this character. The available character set is 'A-Z','a-z', '0-9'.
The Left and Right Footswitch LEDs will be flashing green, to show that
TimeFactor is in Save Mode and that these switches can be used to
navigate between edit fields.Show Less...
– Use the Left and Right Footswitches to traverse the display,
selecting a field to be edited by the Encoder. (The active field for
editing is always flashing.) Repeated pressing of the Right or Left
Footswitch will traverse through the name field one character at a time,
flashing the selected character.
– The cursor will “wrap around
the display.” Pressing the Left Footswitch will move the edit field to
the left by one character at a time until it gets to the first
character. Pressing the Left Footswitch from here will jump to the last
character of the Preset Name.
– A phantom space is always present at the end of the name to allow
characters to be added past the end. The phantom space cannot be deleted
but will be removed on exit.
-When you are finished naming, either press and hold the Encoder
Button to save the Preset, or press the Middle Footswitch to exit
Special Footswitch Presses/Shortcuts for Naming Presets:
1. Press and hold Left Footswitch to DELETE the current flashing character.
2. Press and hold Right Footswitch to INSERT a character before the current flashing character.
March 10, 2014 at 4:45 pm #136258jgardnerParticipant
I was wondering the same thing. Glad I searched for this topic. I'll try this out later. Thanks to everyone at Eventide for answering these questions!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.