V3 Tape Echo Saturation Bug?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes V3 Tape Echo Saturation Bug?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      sic
      Participant

I'm not sure if this affects only my unit or if it is a bug.

What happens is if you set Saturation to 0 then save the preset, when you get out of that preset and come back to it, the Saturation will be 10 (strum your guitar) even if it displays 0 when you turn the Saturation knob.

sic
      Participant

sic:

I'm not sure if this affects only my unit or if it is a bug.

What happens is if you set Saturation to 0 then save the preset, when you get out of that preset and come back to it, the Saturation will be 10 (strum your guitar) even if it displays 0 when you turn the Saturation knob.

Or to describe it more accurately, when you save the preset with whatever Saturation setting you set it at, it will load the OPPOSITE value of the Saturation you set it at when you come back to that preset.

So e.g. you set Saturation at 2 and save it. Select another preset and go back to that preset and the Saturation will be at 8 even if it still displays it at 2. Likewise if you set it at 8 and save it, go back to the preset it will be loaded as 2. and so on and so forth.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I passed your query onto the man who knows – he should get back to you.

jborges
      Participant

any fix for this?  I have the same issue.  All my tape echo saturation levels won't save right.

If I set it to 0 then save it, it works untill I bank up or down then if I come back to it the saturation is usually the opposite level and crazy distorted.  it does however display the correct parameter, but the sound is way off.

So if I save it with a value of  0 and save the preset.  I come back to it and the value sounds more like10 even though it displays 0.  If i cycle the xnob all the way up to 10 and then back to 0 it works .You can save it, but soon as you bank up or down it is gone.  anyfix or ideas?

sic
      Participant

jborges:

any fix for this?  I have the same issue.  All my tape echo saturation levels won't save right.

If I set it to 0 then save it, it works untill I bank up or down then if I come back to it the saturation is usually the opposite level and crazy distorted.  it does however display the correct parameter, but the sound is way off.

So if I save it with a value of  0 and save the preset.  I come back to it and the value sounds more like10 even though it displays 0.  If i cycle the xnob all the way up to 10 and then back to 0 it works .You can save it, but soon as you bank up or down it is gone.  anyfix or ideas?

Exactly what happens to me as well as I've described above. It will give you the opposite setting when you save it.

Set and save it to 0 you get 10, 1 you get 9, 2 you get 8, 3 you get 7, 4 you get 6.

Set and save it to 10 you get 0, 9 you get 1, 8 you get 2, 7 you get 3, 6 you get 4.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Guys,

Thanks for finding this bug, a fix will be coming in the next release.  Sorry for missing it on the beta.

Until then, as a work-around I suppose you could always save the presets with the opposite saturation to the one you want.

Dan

sic
      Participant

No worries. Always glad to help Smile

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.