Viewing HOTKNOB Patch Destinations (how?)

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Viewing HOTKNOB Patch Destinations (how?)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      silver_mica
      Participant

I’ve been making a point of using the Eventide H9 without Control – I’m proficient with the basics such as bringing up Presets/Algorithms and adjusting parameters and a few other adjustments.  I’m learning to use the HOTKNOB right now – and noticed that I could not see what parameters are assigned to the HOTKNOB & Center dial while following these instructions from the H9 User guide (page 24 of my copy)

View HOTKNOB Patch Destinations

To view the list of parameters assigned as HOTKNOB patch Press and hold HOTKNOB button while holding down the X, Y or Z button. Use the Knob to scroll through the list of parameters names assigned to the HOTKNOB.

I’ve tried this procedure on several of the factory presets and did make sure to observe that the HOTKNOB & Center dial altered parameters first – before following the above instructions.  However when I attempt to view the HOTKNOB patch destinations I don’t seen anything – except, briefly, the word “TURN” as I’m holding the HOTKNOB button while holding down X, Y or Z and slowly spinning the dial counterclockwise.     

Perhaps what I expect to see isn’t what the above instructions are describing?  I am expecting to to see a list parameters assigned assigned to the HOTKNOB & Center dial (which should be the same as the expression pedal).   Is this a correct assumption?  

Aside, how does one see those parameters altered by the HOTKNOB & Center Dial?

David 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      silver_mica wrote:

I've been making a point of using the Eventide H9 without Control – I'm proficient with the basics such as bringing up Presets/Algorithms and adjusting parameters and a few other adjustments.  I'm learning to use the HOTKNOB right now – and noticed that I could not see what parameters are assigned to the HOTKNOB & Center dial while following these instructions from the H9 User guide (page 24 of my copy)

View HOTKNOB Patch Destinations

To view the list of parameters assigned as HOTKNOB patch Press and hold HOTKNOB button while holding down the X, Y or Z button. Use the Knob to scroll through the list of parameters names assigned to the HOTKNOB.

I've tried this procedure on several of the factory presets and did make sure to observe that the HOTKNOB & Center dial altered parameters first – before following the above instructions.  However when I attempt to view the HOTKNOB patch destinations I don't seen anything – except, briefly, the word "TURN" as I'm holding the HOTKNOB button while holding down X, Y or Z and slowly spinning the dial counterclockwise.     

Perhaps what I expect to see isn't what the above instructions are describing?  I am expecting to to see a list parameters assigned assigned to the HOTKNOB & Center dial (which should be the same as the expression pedal).   Is this a correct assumption?  

Aside, how does one see those parameters altered by the HOTKNOB & Center Dial?

Not quite sure why you are having a problem. For example, using preset 38 "DISA…".

Hold down "X" switrch. Then (without releasing) hold down "HOTKNOB" switch. Display shows "TURN". Turn knob – display shows "SLURM","PDLY","TAPS","LENGTH", "MIX", which is the list.

silver_mica
        Participant

Not sure why, but when I try I’m unable to show the list of parameters that are tied to the HOTKNOB (and expression pedal).  I made an unlisted YouTube video showing my attempts. 

https://youtu.be/AQEYKoJ-R20

nickrose wrote:
        Not quite sure why you are having a problem. For example, using preset 38 “DISA…”.

Hold down “X” switrch. Then (without releasing) hold down “HOTKNOB” switch. Display shows “TURN”. Turn knob – display shows “SLURM”,”PDLY”,”TAPS”,”LENGTH”, “MIX”, which is the list.

silver_mica
        Participant

bump

silver_mica wrote:

Not sure why, but when I try I’m unable to show the list of parameters that are tied to the HOTKNOB (and expression pedal).  I made an unlisted YouTube video showing my attempts. 

https://youtu.be/AQEYKoJ-R20

nickrose wrote:
        Not quite sure why you are having a problem. For example, using preset 38 “DISA…”.

Hold down “X” switrch. Then (without releasing) hold down “HOTKNOB” switch. Display shows “TURN”. Turn knob – display shows “SLURM”,”PDLY”,”TAPS”,”LENGTH”, “MIX”, which is the list.

silver_mica
      Participant

bump

silver_mica
      Participant

I was never able to get this to work.  

silver_mica
      Participant

Anyone?

gkellum
      Participant

We were able to reproduce your problem on a few H9s here.  It seems that if you reset the H9s system settings by turning it on with the right footswitch and the HotKnob switch pressed (the switch in the upper left hand corner) the problem goes away.  Resetting the system settings shouldn't affect your presets, but it will affect any MIDI mappings or other configuration changes you've made.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.