- This topic is empty.
February 1, 2012 at 6:24 pm #108382AnttiParticipant
My Space pedal just arrived, and I have to say it's pretty damn awesome!
However, there's a slight hitch: I haven't found any way to view the stored preset settings from the pedal itself. Is there some "magic" button combination that would show the stored value of particular control without changing it?
February 1, 2012 at 9:04 pm #123097wedelichModeratorEventide Staff
You can this in system mode by setting the knob mode to CATCHUP or LOCKED. CATCHUP will display the value of the knob after you move it and not change the knob until you turn it to the displayed value. LOCKED will only display the current knob value after you wiggle that knob, but not allow any changes.
Here are the steps to set the knob mode:
1. Press and hold the encoder and right footswitch to enter system mode
2. Turn the encoder until the screen reads UTILITY
3. Press the encoder to enter the UTILITY menu
4. The first item should be KNOB MODE, press the encoder to enter the KNOB MODE sub-menu
5. Turn the encoder to either CATCHUP or LOCKED
6. Exit system mode the same way you got into it. (you can step up back to the top of the system mode menu system with the middle footswitch as well)
February 1, 2012 at 11:31 pm #123098brockParticipantQuote:LOCKED will only display the current knob value after you wiggle that knob, but not allow any changes.
I'd love to see that Utility selection find its way into the other 'Factor pedals. CATCHUP is very usable, but it can force a few tries – depending on where your current knob position may be. LOCKED appears to be an efficient way to 'dissect' presets.
I happened to look up the answer here earlier in the UM (I don't own Space), and that documentation is still awkward to find. As a friendly suggestion, it's time to add Space to the Products and Support links in the dropdowns above us here.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.