Volume Boost Feature For HotSwitch

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Volume Boost Feature For HotSwitch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Sicak

Hi guys, I’ve owned my H9 Dark for around a month now and I can’t stop playing with it!

I am currently using an expression pedal with the H9 and I’m wanting to know if there is anyway to save an output volume adjustment to a hotswitch patch. I know that you can save the output level to each preset but I would like to know if it can be adjusted to a hotswitch patch since I think it would be extremely useful for many of the presets.

For example, if I were using the Spring where I would set the hotswitch output high on the tremelo side that way the tremelo sound and loud.

Cheers!

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Sicak wrote:
      Hi guys, I’ve owned my H9 Dark for around a month now and I can’t stop playing with it! I am currently using an expression pedal with the H9 and I’m wanting to know if there is anyway to save an output volume adjustment to a hotswitch patch. I know that you can save the output level to each preset but I would like to know if it can be adjusted to a hotswitch patch since I think it would be extremely useful for many of the presets. For example, if I were using the Spring where I would set the hotswitch output high on the tremelo side that way the tremelo sound and loud. Cheers!

Sorry, the output level cannot be mapped to Hotswitch.

camn
      Participant

why not why not why not this is my #1 feature request. Oh wait no, relative MIDI CC is 🙂

apalazzolo
      Participant

I have looked all over for this.

The “trim” parameter in EQCompressor will do this.  So will the “output” parameter in MangledVerb (this can be used as a boost/overdrive if you turn off the reverb portion.  I believe Ultratap (which has a great delay) could easily be modified by Eventide to do this.  I have asked Eventide to consider it but they have not responded one way or the other.

People have asked Eventide to modify the “output” slider for every algo (on the right of the Control screen) to do this but it is apparently not possible.

Good luck!

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Currently, you can use a MIDI CC or expression pedal to control the output. Hotswitch cannot be mapped to the output slider yet. It is possible that this feature might be added in a future update but I cannot guarantee when that will happen.

apalazzolo
      Participant

As noted, EQCompressor and Mangledverb will do this.  I also just realized that PitchFuzz can be made to do this too. 

So it lis limited, but those three algos will do it.

Sicak

Thanks for the reply guys.

Yeah I’m guessing it must be impossible to map the output sliders to each algo or the champs at Eventide would have done this by now.

Still an amazing pedal never the less…

apalazzolo wrote:

I have looked all over for this.

The “trim” parameter in EQCompressor will do this.  So will the “output” parameter in MangledVerb (this can be used as a boost/overdrive if you turn off the reverb portion.  I believe Ultratap (which has a great delay) could easily be modified by Eventide to do this.  I have asked Eventide to consider it but they have not responded one way or the other.

People have asked Eventide to modify the “output” slider for every algo (on the right of the Control screen) to do this but it is apparently not possible.

Good luck!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.