Volume boost when activating H90 in effects loop of Quad Cortex

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Volume boost when activating H90 in effects loop of Quad Cortex

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lightborne
      Participant

I have my H90 in the effects loop of my Quad Cortex.  When I enable/disable the effect loop block in the QC, there is a noticeable boost in volume.  I have the send/return levels set as normal on the QC and the H90 in/out gain is at 0.0 db too.

has anyone encountered this?

tonemasterus
      Participant

Do you have it in kill dry mode. If not you are including the dry signal back to the quad cortex if you are running it in parallel. Food for thought

Lightborne
        Participant

Thanks – I will try Kill Dry mode.

What do you mean by “running it in parallel”, precisely?  It’s in it’s own effect loop block on the QC, and the signal chain is straight through that block (no splits before the block).  Within the H90 though, depending on the program I have presets A and B in series or in parallel.

tonemasterus
      Participant

If you are not running it parallel to your dry signal but in series on the quad core then it must be a send return level issue. If you just have just cables in and out and you use the loop does the level stay exactly the same when you turn it on and off?

Lightborne
        Participant

Thanks, using the cable to test the loop on its own was a good idea.  It is a QC issue after all.  I’ll talk to their support.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.