Voodoo Lab GCP/triaxis/H9 midi set up

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Voodoo Lab GCP/triaxis/H9 midi set up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jaybic1
      Participant

Hello all,

I am brand new here and just aquired a new H9 max to replace my TC G major 2 and I am trying to set it up to have Continuous control so I can use my GCP to toggle the patch effects off and on, just like you would a stomp box.  I know the GCP has the ability to do this as it worked with my GM2  but  I have no idea how to get the H9 to do this.  I did find the CC number to toggle the tuner on and off.

I dont know if this helps explain what I am trying to do but I run the GCP in the “4 preset” mode so I can use the other 8 buttons and assign them to turn the tuner on and off, use button number 2 to kick the delay on and off, 3 for the Chorus, 4 for flange…5 for the harmonzer….ect…within the same H9 preset( or is that not how the H9 works…do I only get 1 effect per preset?)……

Not to be redundant but with the GM 2 I have the GCP buttons 1-4 as a clean, a second clean, a dirty and a lead and on any of those 4 presets I have the other 8 buttons to kick up the remaining effects(just like having a delay pedal, chorus, reverb and a harmonizer pedal, a “tuner” button….ect…ect…

Is this possible and if so is there any video or tutorial on how to assign a CC number to shut off/turn on a specific “pedal”….spacefactor/modfactor..ect…within a specifc preset( preset 75 (classic chorus for example) and yet keep the reverb and delay part of that preset on?

Perhaps I am not at all understanding how this piece of gear works but in any case, thank you so much for any light you can shine on this because, in comparing it side by side with my G major 2, the H9 is a radically better sounding unit…once I can gain control of it.

Have a great day and thanks again for your time and patience,

Jamie

tdin42

Hi Jamie,

I have a similar set-up and was able to set-up one of the instant access buttons on the Ground Control to turnon/off the H9 pedal. To do so, go to the Midi set-up on the H9 control app. There will be a lot of functions listed (don’t recall exactly where as I dont have the app with me). Go to Bypass and assign a CC value.Then, use that same CC value when setting up yor GC (i.e. 0, or 1). Make sure you’ve set-up your midi channel correctly on both GC and H9.

The only issue I am having with this is that the Instant access Ground Control light is on when the H9 is bypassed, and off when the H9 is on.  Also, there are no delay/reverb trails.I think  that issue was identified but yet to be addressed unless I’m mistaken.

Hope this helps, and hope some other  users can  assist  with  light issue on GCX  as well as the delay trails issue.

Cheers,

Terry 

tdin42

Update to my previous reply. The folks at Voodoo Lab were extremely responsive to my questions. They suggested assigning the Instant Access switch to the “Active” midi option on the H9 Control app. Works as it should: When the GC light is on the H9 pedal is active and when it’s off the pedal bypassed.

Now just need a solution for the spillover effects.

T. 

Jaybic1
      Participant

Terry,

thanks for the reply….I actually figured out just what you said to do a few days ago……and I got the same issue….when the H9 goes inactive, the GCP light is on so I need  to get those reversed so I am gonna work on that.  I dont think what I was actaully trying to do is possible….I was hoping to have the H9 have say…reverb and delay on in the same algorythym and then use an instant access button to kick off the H9 reverb and yet keep the delay on within the same algorythym…it does not appear to be possibe.  It is on my TC G Major 2 so guess I will have to keep that in the  rack  for now(or buy more H9s I guess but I was hoping that one H9 could do it all.  It appears that is not the case but its still a damn good sounding pedal…the intelligent pitch  shifiting buries my TC….anyway…thanks a ton and have a good day!

Jamie

tdin42

Jamie: If you assign the cc value on “Activate” in the H9 control app instead of “Bypass” it solves the light issue. I.e. Light on=effect on. 

I think I misunderstood your original question. I took a look and using the Space Algoritim – SpaceTime program, I was able to assign a cc value on the Ground Control expression pedal to correspond to that on the “Set parameter 7” cc value on the H9 control app. Now I can bring in the level of the delay with the expression pedal from none at all and full up. I haven’t tried it with a momentary switch though – but it would likely work – if not through the IA switch then possibly using one of the expression out jacks. So it seems you can in fact control one of the 2 effects in a pacth independently. 

Not sure if this is what you were after, but give it a go.

Thanks for your post by the way; as I wouldn’t have thought to try that otherwise. 

Cheers,

T.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.