Voodoo Labs ISO-5 supports Eventide units

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Voodoo Labs ISO-5 supports Eventide units

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      cacibi
      Participant

"Pedal Power ISO-5 includes a high-current output which will properly power modern digital power-hungry effects like those from Eventide, Line 6, and TC Electronic. There’s also a dedicated 18V output for those pedals which need the higher voltage for extra headroom."

http://www.voodoolab.com/pedalpower_iso-5.htm

Also has a dedicated 18 volt spot.  Love it – great add on to a Pedal Power 2+.  Even if I had to order two to power my MF and TF – it's still cheaper than lot of other options I've seen out there, including Gig Rig (whose products I love – but had to say it).

Reckedtrek

It has one 300mA output- is 300mA enough to safely power a TF or MF? Can anyone, especially someone from Eventide, reply to this? VoodooLab make some good products and i love my PP2, but I'd rather hear it from Eventide that it's safe before I even consider it.

Hi,

I asked this question to support at Eventide since the ISO-5 manual states:

Eventide

The Eventide stompboxes (TimeFactor, ModFactor and PitchFactor) are powered from the high-current 12V output using the red 5.5×2.5mm barrel cable.

My question to Eventide was then:

Have you in any way approved to Voodoo Lab this possibility of running your pedals at 12V DC?

The answer from Jerome Hyman from Eventide was:

This information about using the 12V option appears to be wrong. It probably should be the 9V 300mA option. But still, I don't think that we will endorse using this power supply with our unit, because of these issues low mA rating.

Now, All Eventide Factor pedals need a 9V DC regulated power supply to operate properly. All of them draw a current around 330-360mA. I have measured this figures at diffrent settings and working conditions of the Factor pedals.

A proper power supply for Eventide Factor pedals should be able to deliver a current of 400mA at stabilized and regulated 9V DC.

There are 3 popular dedicated power supplies for pedals on the market. These are the PP2+ from Voodoo Lab, BBE Supacharger and Mod-Tone Power Plant. None of these have outlets powerful enough to supply Eventide Factor pedals without special cables and using more than one outlet. Not even the new ISO-5 from VL. It has one 300mA section which is 100mA short.

Power requirements for pedals change and realizing that, we at CIOKS made three brand new products which form our professional range of dedicated power supplies for effect pedals. The DC10 is able to power three Eventide Factor pedals properly along with other standard 9V pedals. The AC10 can supply one along with a AC powered pedal at 9, 12 or 16V AC, also along with other standard 9V pedals. Please have a closer look at the specifications of these units on CIOKS web site.

If you have other questions regarding powering effect pedals, you’re more than welcome to e-mail me directly. I have more than 18 years experience in this field.

Best regards,
      Poul Ciok
      poul.ciok@cioks.com

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.