Vsig Connection to DSP4000 Via COM port question?

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development Vsig Connection to DSP4000 Via COM port question?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      sagi.sapir
      Participant

Hello EVENTIDE and beloved users

i have a question to ask!

i want to use "Vsig" or vSigX Pc or Mac with my DSP4000 unit.

in the back of the DSP4000 there are the COM ports "IN" OUT" do i need to connect them both?

To use the "Vsig" or vSigX" ?

in my Mac or Pc i do not have a COM port any more will these do the job…..

"USB 2.0 TO 9PIN RS232 COM PORT SERIAL CONVERT ADAPTER" or i need different Adapter?

!! If the COM ports need to be connected both "IN"  "OUT" so it means i need 2 Adapters? !! 

in the DSP4000 unit i see that the "IN" "OUT" COM ports are both "male" type connections and the all the Adapters in Ebay are also male type connections will a cable with female on both the ends do the job? (i sure it will but i got to make sure ðŸ™‚

Sorry if i not most clear with my question 🙂

Big thanks

Sagi.s

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Only a few of the more recent members of the DSP4000 family have PC-type serial ports – these will only have a single connector. It sounds as though yours is an older one, which has a PA-422 interface. This is not suitable for computer use.

But, you can always use MIDI if you have a suitable computer interface.

sagi.sapir
      Participant

Hi nickrose thanks for your answer

Yes i have the PA-422!

if i can use midi is great,i have more experience with midi devices,i must ask because my pc is not in a ready use!!  " Vsig" can communicate with the DSP4000 via midi?

From your answer i understand it is,i will read the manual for more info.

One more thing about the "vSigX" (mac) can it also be used with midi?

in the "vSigX" preferences i see the midi option but it appear that i can't enable it! any info about that will be great,i will also read the manual for more info!

i must ask for these guide lines it help me to get in to proportion.

Again big thanks….

Sagi.s

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Vsig can communicate with the DSP4000 using MIDI.

I don't know much about Vsig-X since it is not an Eventide product. My understanding is that it requires a serial port – no MIDI.

sagi.sapir
      Participant

Hi

OK thanks,i will continue now with the manuals etc….

Goodbye for now And big thanks for the Support….

Sagi.s
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.