vsig error

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development vsig error

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      nodog

I finally got the time to delve into vsig again. if only to transfer the userpresets I downloaded from here to my Orville.

All seemed well till about halfway. suddenly I got "could not save error 1, press any key to continue" on the Orville while trying to save the latest preset I transferred. After happening once it happened quite a lot of times with different patches afterwards but some patches didn't have this problem.

Worse: almost directly after experiencing the above problem I regulary got this error message in vsig while trying to transfer other patches:

REMOTE MESSAGES
      Error: (initallocate) out of memory
      Error: could not initialize salloc in compile()

Of course I've tried rebooting the Orville and even my pc a couple of times but I gave up after a while. What's going wrong?

nodog

Okay, I' ve tried some more. even presets I could save yesterday give the same error1 message now. The only thing I can think of is that the memory is full which seems a bit odd as I've only got max 30 userpresets saved at the moment.
      At least the midi remote error on vsig has gone now.
      I don't want to sound too negative but I'm baffled that a $4000 machine can't hold more than 30 userpresets. Still… maye I'm wrong and it's due to something else.
      Anyway, I've got a card with version3.0 software on it. Is it possible to format it and use it as a RAM card for extra memory? I don't have any use for it cause the software is already installed.

IDeangelis

HI Nodog

the messages you are seeing are telling you that the user RAM memory is full and that some of your presets made in Vsig, may be too large when sent to the Orville.

Please understand that presets in this architecture are not fixed size small units, as in most closed platforms. Their size can be very different from one to another.

You can't use the card w/3.0 on it as it's a ROM card. You need to get a PCMCIA Ram Card, as described in your manual. A 1 MB card will hold around 100 presets and should be ok for your needs. The unit can address a max. of 4 MB memory on one of these cards.

All the best

I

nodog

thanks for the quick reply and clear answer to my question.

any idea where i can get one of those cards for a relatively cheap price?

IDeangelis

We used to sell CENTENNIAL brand cards. Cool ones as they didn't need batteries and would be charged by the unit while plugged into it and powered on.

I have some SEIKO/EPSON ones which proved very reliable in the years.

You may want to do a web search for PCMCIA cards as today they are not as popular as in the '90s, having been raplaced by flash memories.

best

I

nodog

again, thx for the quick reply. I found this website with a couple of choices for cards with rechargable batteries. can you please tell me if they are suitable? On first sight I think they alll should work but I'm a bit confused about some descriptions like " with 2kb attribute" and the like.

my first choice would be 1 MB SRAM Card w/2KB attribute, rechargeable battery (Smart PG32004/ SR01M-15-11194), RoHS, 5V

link: http://www.psism.com/sram.htm#rechargeable

IDeangelis

The one we used to carry was the PM31004 , 512 KB. According to this page, it has been replaced by PG31004:

http://www.psism.com/smart.htm

The one you mention is the 1MB version and should be fine.

all the best

I

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.