Vsig for H7600 on OSX Yosemite

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development Vsig for H7600 on OSX Yosemite

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      J20056
      Participant

What is the version that works with the H7600? Based on description of Vsig 3, it only works for H9000.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

For the 7600 and 8000, you will need Vsig 2.x.

I note that this has mysteriously disappeared from the Web Site – I'll see what I can do.

J20056
      Participant

Does it work on OSX / Mac? Got rid of my PC recently. Saw there’s something called VsigX from a 3rd party so concerned there is no Eventide version?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry, Vsig 2.0 is Windows only. Vsig 3.0 runs on both PC and Mac, but only supports H9000.

J20056
      Participant

Thanks nickrose.

This is bad news… I guess I am in the difficult position of having a unit (H7600) that is (a) no longer supported as far as new VSig software updates and (b) doesn’t have a Mac version. I had been waiting for a long time for an easier to use version of VSig for my H7600 but obviously that it not going to happen, and I can’t even run the legacy version on a Mac. I’m afraid there is no solution. I had debated selling my H7600, so at this point, I think I am going to do that as the old VSig is just too difficult to use. I have found a replacement product that’s easier to use. I’ll lose the Harmonizer presets sadly. What is the cheapest Eventide unit that has Harmonizers for whihc you can set the scale/mode? I have presets for say C Myxolidian, so what unit does that that is cheaper? I’d buy a competing product for the main FX, but an Eventide just for the Harmonizers so that I don’t need advanced preset editing software.

zubgub

Yesterday I found VsigX version 1.9 at http://www.vsigx.com and found that it works extremely well with Yosemite 10.10.5 on MBP 15″ and my H8000FW.  Quite a bit better than the VsigX on disc version 1.5 that shipped with the H8000 FW which would only work with Snow Leopard or earlier OSX.  So I don’t see any reason it wouldn’t work just as well on the H7600.

J20056
      Participant

I just got a H9000R which runs Vsig3. Unfortunately, it needs OSX 10.11 or higher, and my old MacPro maxes at at 10.10.

Running in a Win10 computer instead, no issues. 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.