VSIG Module Order & Process Swapping

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development VSIG Module Order & Process Swapping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      rskaudio
      Participant

Hey all, posting this here in case it’s useful for others.

I’ve been working on a derivative patch of an algorithm macleod built for a Harmonic Tremolo. He helped me out massively by showing how to change the processing order (had no idea that was what the yellow outline on a connector meant, may be helpful to add that in to the manual?) but now I’m stuck at trying to figure out how to swap the processing order of the two effects or if I even need to worry about this. The algorithm is here.

Essentially there’s both a tremolo and a fuzz alogorithm in the patch and I want to be able to swap it between Tremolo > Fuzz or Fuzz > Tremolo. I’ve corrected the process order erros I originally had with the patch but still see them on the routing switches (which I suppose makes sense because their placement changes). Is there a better way to do this?

Also, a way to label the graph only in Vsig would be amazing! I.e. sectioning off an area of modules and being able to add text notes that are visible without the line breaks of the text module.

Lastly, it would be helpful to be able to upload .sig2 files here on the forum for the sake of sharing and revising stuff. Perhaps a VSIG patch sharing forum near the H9’s?

wherman
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Hey rskaudio,

Glad you're playing around with VSIG and getting some use out of it! Sorry it took a while for one of us to respond.

Unfortunately switching the order of two effects within a single sigfile and completely avoiding any out of order modules is almost impossible. In your example if the Fuzz modules are ordered first, then placing a switch to move the Tremolo before the Fuzz will always mean the input to that switch (and therefore the whole Tremolo effect) will be out of order. The only way you can really do it and avoid all ordering issues is by having a second copy of one of the effects and then switching where the sigfile inputs/outputs are coming from/going to. For example in terms of module ordering your sigfile might look like: Fuzz1 > Tremolo > Fuzz2. To get Fuzz > Tremolo you send the sigfile input to the first Fuzz and take the output of the Tremolo. To get Tremolo > Fuzz you have a switch which then sends the sigfile input to the Tremolo and takes the output of the second Fuzz.

Hope that helps. This is unfortunately one of the trickier bits of VSIG as we don't have a way to on the fly switch the processing order of modules once the algorithm is being run (don't know if that would even be possible) so this workaround is the only one we really have available to us.

In regards to the second point. Comments in sigfiles are definitely something that's been on our todo list for a while. Just haven't had the time to be able to do it.

The VSIG patch sharing is a good idea and we'll keep it in mind.

John Baylies
      Participant
      rskaudio wrote:
      Lastly, it would be helpful to be able to upload .sig2 files here on the forum for the sake of sharing and revising stuff. Perhaps a VSIG patch sharing forum near the H9's?

sig2, 9kp, 9kf, 9ks, and preset files can now be attached to topics and comments.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.