Vsig + Orville: Nothing but problems

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development Vsig + Orville: Nothing but problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I am admittedly new to Vsig, but it seems like I’m running into very buggy behavior.

I’m using Vsig 2.4.9.0, Orville OS is 3.002, and I’m on Windows 10, connecting to my Orville via USB.

Here is an example of an issue:

(Screenshot 1) Create simple patch with a long delay + hfader on menu page to control delay length. Works, no problem.

(Screenshot 2) Add a reverb module so I can reverberate my delays. Again, no problem.

(Screenshot 3) Add another hfader to my menu so I can control reverb. Now it complains about a type issue for “longdelay”. Why? I haven’t changed anything related to the delay.

(Screenshot 4) Back out my reverb fader so I’m now back at the state from screenshot 2, which previously worked. Now it barfs up some cryptic error.

What am I doing wrong?!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I can only see one screen shot.

Please also give the FULL text of all error messages. They are there for a reason, not just to annoy you.

Sorry, originally had issue with this forum’s attachment mechanism

Wish I could edit my posts. Instead of “longdelay’ obviously it’s a regular delay, and the issue it complains about is adc1-in. Sorry for the mixup.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

My first thought is that it is a communication problem.

Are you by any chance using the serial line from a cheezy laptop ? If so, try a lower baud rate or another computer.

I'll try and duplicate it tomorrow.

nickrose wrote:

My first thought is that it is a communication problem.

Are you by any chance using the serial line from a cheezy laptop ? If so, try a lower baud rate or another computer.

I’ll try and duplicate it tomorrow.

Not sure how you define “cheezy laptop”. It’s a USB to MIDI cable that works fine for everything else. I’ll try a few other computerconnector combinations in the meantime though. Thanks!

I tried using a serial connection, but that just results in the Orville displaying “loading program…” for a bit, and then nothing else happening.

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        researchtriangle wrote:

I tried using a serial connection, but that just results in the Orville displaying "loading program…" for a bit, and then nothing else happening.

"Loading program" messages are usually sign of a wrong baud rate setting. Not sure why …

Nevermind – was able to tweak my settings to get serial communication to work…and that seems to be the key! My patch now works!

Solution: for anyone trying this stuff in 2018 on a modern system, use serial instead of MIDI communication.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.