vSigX / Keyspan success story

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development vSigX / Keyspan success story

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      robert
      Participant

Hi all, 

here's a good news report on my very first attempt to get vSigX v1.9-beta working on my Mac running OSX 10.6.8 with a lovely H8000FW Harmonizer.

Ordered the Keyspan USB-to-serial adapter (the USA-19HS) model that came with a driver clearly stating it was for OSX 10.5. Hunting down the web I couldn't find a more recent driver, even on the Tripp-Lite site (the current owner of Keyspan products I think).

So I went with the driver that came in the box, and to my surprise it worked! OSX will ask you to configure the device when first connected, but just ignore that. Make sure to run the Keyspan Assistant app at least once. I think that actually helped to make the serial device name appear in the prefs panel of vSigX, since initially nothing showed up there, even after a restart of the Mac.

I can get individual patches from the Harmonizer, and I even managed to get the database downloaded from the machine. 

The only thing that doesn't seem to work is Show Patch View command, where vSigX tries to download a list of all patches from the machine. That literately takes forever, and I have to abort vSigX to end it.

Very happy this all works natively on the Mac. I would never have gone for a VM running Windows on the Mac, or even a dedicated Windows machine. 

Cheers,
      Robert

robert:

The only thing that doesn't seem to work is Show Patch View command, where vSigX tries to download a list of all patches from the machine. That literately takes forever, and I have to abort vSigX to end it.

Yes, sorry, this is a known problem.  It's on my list of things to fix.

Regards,

Doug

robert
      Participant

Hi Doug, 

yes, it's a bit of a problem (same behavior with the Disk View btw), but I really am very happy that vSigX works the way it does! It actually made me decide to go for the Harmonizer. Windows in whatever form simply was not an option. So Eventide should fund your project, heh. 😉

Being new here I'm still not sure if v1.9-beta is yours or Allan's. Anyway, thank you both!

Robert

I don't get paid by them, but Eventide has definitely helped me out with the project.

Version 1.9 of vSigX is Allan's version.  2.0 and above is mine.

Since E-Control is no longer being developed, I've been testing something different for my remote control application.  Hopefully I'll have good news soon…

Regards,

Doug

robert
      Participant

So there's a v2.0 if vSigX around, Doug?

Regarding your remote control app: you're killing me! When?? Smile

Cheers,
      Robert

Sorry, I've got a huge hardware project that I need to ship, plus I've got four weeks of business travel in the next month and half…

I hope to release the first version of the remote control before the end of the year, and version 2 of vSigX will happen next year, hopefully Q1…

robert
      Participant

Doug, you are a busy boy. 😉

If you need help at some point, let me know. My schedule is horrible too, but not yet as bad as yours. Not trying to push though.

Robert

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.