• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      MFPhouse
      Participant

hi folks,

get the Software and cables running.

MBP OSX 10.4 and VsixX 1.9 with H8000fw 5.3

Hama USB-Serial Adapter Cable with Driver installed and works.

I get the Patch fróm the H8000fw to the Vsigx …but ! not back.

?  "Sysex error" 

Boundate overflow?

Don´t know. Has anybody this running ?

Need help

Thanks!

Michael

MFPhouse
      Participant

Hi again,

It seems to be that it has something to do with the "Head-Modul"….?.

again please.

Has anybody this running

MacOSX 10.4.9 VsigX 1.9 and Eventide H8000fw OS5.3

Thanks!

razo1

Hi, i don't think VsigX is officially supported by Eventide company.  I am using vsig on a notebook with windows.

MFPhouse
      Participant

i bought now an old WindowPC Laptop with XP.

Works! I had just to reduced the Boundrate.

razo1

Good! I also heard we will get some good news on Vsig soon? ….. Yes Wink Yes

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

How soon is soon? Eventide seems to be doing things extremely slow.:-(

vSigX is independent from Eventide, so please don't blame them for any slowness in development!

I am working on two separate programs right now, vSigX and ERC.  vSigX is a much more involved program, so there is a longer release cycle.  With everything that is going on in my life, I'm sure I won't be able to release version 2 of vSigX until the first quarter of 2011.  ERC, the remote control app, is much smaller, so I will have the new release ready soon.  The first public version of ERC will mainly just be a remote button press and screen display program.  Subsequent versions will add in the programming/macro language for automating tasks, plus a librarian that will talk to my online patch repository.  Fun thing about ERC is that I'm using a cross-platform development library, so in theory I should be able to compile it on both OS X and Windows..

jfcharles

If some are impatient with something like a remote control app, one can just use the Sysex Eventide docs and make a quick program with cycling74's Max to control. Works either with MIDI or serial, and you can get the display, too.

Interestingly enough, I've been working with exactly this setup lately!  I'm basically trying to turn my H8000FW into the equivalent of a Kyma system.  My ultimate goal though is to create a completely standalone program that will control the Harmonizer with input from my synth keyboard, my computer, and my Wacom pad without needing Max, PD, etc…

urowho
      Participant

I've got both kyma and h8000 and I thought exactly that. I'm paying again for a box full of DSP's.  Great though the H8000 is, the design of patches is a ton harder than even kyma. So anything you could do Doug with VsigX or otherwise I am really looking forward to. I hate to have those little DSPs under employed!

Good luck with everything else! and best wishes.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.