Vst 3

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Vst 3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      comsax1
      Participant

Are there plans to provide vst3 plugins for your cubase 9.0 and up users? Eventide are my favorite plugs, but I can’ t use them with cubase 9.3 because cubase no longer supports vst2. Please help, I have been using vsr2 plugs, and they are messing up my pc. Please hurry, I have Black hole, ultra channel, ultra reverb, band delays, and equivocate. Thanks

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hey, 

I believe Cubase 9 still supports VST2. Is that not the case?

FWIW, we are working towards VST3 support for all of our plug-ins.

mat herbert
      Participant

Cubase 9.5 Pro here and all my Eventide plugs running sweetly!

If you’re unable to run them then there’s an issue with your system.

Zathrus
      Participant

I recently updated from Cubase 8.5 to Cubase 10. When I installed Cubase 10, I saw a message pop up  advising me that Cubase 10 does not support VST 2. I didn’t think this would cause a problem but I was wrong.

Since using Cubase 10, I discovered that Ultra reverb and Black Hole do not instantiate. I checked the Eventide site, and sure enough those are listed as VST 2 plugins. 

T Verb and Ultra Tap instantiate just fine.

I saw a post from a year ago on here saying that Eventide is working toward VST 3 support for all plugins. Please make this a top priority.

As you can guess, Ultra Reverb is a tool I rely on a lot. Black Hole too, for more  atmospheric sounds and styles.

mat herbert
        Participant
        Zathrus wrote:

I recently updated from Cubase 8.5 to Cubase 10. When I installed Cubase 10, I saw a message pop up  advising me that Cubase 10 does not support VST 2. I didn’t think this would cause a problem but I was wrong.

Since using Cubase 10, I discovered that Ultra reverb and Black Hole do not instantiate. I checked the Eventide site, and sure enough those are listed as VST 2 plugins. 

T Verb and Ultra Tap instantiate just fine.

I saw a post from a year ago on here saying that Eventide is working toward VST 3 support for all plugins. Please make this a top priority.

As you can guess, Ultra Reverb is a tool I rely on a lot. Black Hole too, for more  atmospheric sounds and styles.

I think you should read this thread if you haven’t already… https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=138074

Cubase 10 DOES support VST2 and steinberg ARE NOT dropping support for VST2 plugins in the foreseeable future…. they have just said they are not continuing VST2 development or the SDK. It’s surprising just how many people have got completely the wrong end of the stick regarding this.

ALL the Eventide plugs are VST2.

If blackhole and ultrareverb aren’t loading on your system then unfortunately there is an issue on your system…. have you tried to reinable them from the plugin manager?

Are you using the latest iLok manager/Eventide installers?

Zathrus
      Participant

I finally had a chance to get back in my studio and look into this today. I found out:

1.) Cubase 10 has a note right in its plugin manager saying “Note: VST2 plugins are no longer supported.” There is a whole list of VST2 plugins on its Black List. 

2.) My missing Eventide plugins – Black Hole, Ultra Reverb and the Harmonizer – are VST 2.4.

3.) Apparently VST 2.4 plugins will still instantiate in Cubase 10. The ones which did show on my plugin list – T Verb and Ultra Tap – are also VST 2.4. 

4.) The ones that weren’t showing up were in some other folder where Cubase 10 wasn’t looking. I put them all in the folder where Cubase 10 was looking for them to be, and now I am able to open them in Cubase 10. 

This is a good thing because Ultra Reverb is such a high quality work horse reverb, I use it on a lot of stuff I record. And when I record ambient sounds, for obvious reasons, Black Hole is all over every song I record. 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.