weird error when trying to learn vsig

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development weird error when trying to learn vsig

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ehasting
      Participant

Hello,

I have aquired a dsp4000b, which i want to use with vsig.  I have managed to download the database over midi, and can dump in programs.  I have then made quick test program which dont get to work.   

I am rather new to this, so perhaps there are some obvious mistakes, however this is the program:

[View:http://maggie.higen.org/file?id=991CE96B4B704F0818D9E8C9A733F77A:550:0%5D

and this is the error i get:

don't know about an operator type '2' 

ERROR- no operator of type 2.Line 9

is there an error in my program, or do i have a bug in the midi or anything`??

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Since you have no line 9, I'm have to assume that it is some kind of MIDI issue – this will probably be related to your computer. Apart from trying another computer or another MIDI interface, it's hard to know what to suggest.

ehasting
      Participant

Hey,

Thanks, then i will go hunt for more midi interfaces!

Seems for me that quiet many usb midi interfaces are struggeling a bit with sysex.

Rgs
      Egil 

ehasting
      Participant

Hello,

I must add some more weirdness, which leads me to believe its not the midi interface.

I have tested three different midi interface now,  1 midisport 4×4, one rolan um-one mk2 and one that is on my PCI soundcard.   They all give same problems. However if i download a patch/.sig file from internet and do send.  it always works?!?!

i can send huge patches with no problem at all?! 

Could it be that the vsig editor dont work properly for dsp4000, perhaps i need an older version?  i have also tested version 2.0 of vsig, same problem there.

Rgs

Egil

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

A 4000B (as opposed to a 4000B+) is now very old, so it's hard to know what it will do.

That aside, my first guess was a MIDI problem which now looks less likely.

Next guess is a problem with the downloaded database – you should maybe try to delete the original one (see Preferences to find out where it is) and then download it again.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.