Weird pulsing hum

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Weird pulsing hum

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      dustinbox

Hey, so I have a timefactor and an H9 running in stereo. For some reason now that am I’m playing in some venues that I can have my amps pushed a little louder there is a loud pulsing hum. I have a small boost (tone setting) and comp always on, I turn them off it gets quieter but still there. It continues when I turn off the guitars volume and even when I turn off the volume pedal (it post dry effects pre delay and verb (h9)). The rig is set up in stereo. I don’t always play stereo but I do often enough to leave it wired for stereo. It only stops when I use the complete mute on my boss es-8 midi switcher.
      Any help?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

My guess is that you have some kind of local ground loop, and the "weird pulsing" is an effect operating on the hum.

If this is the case the solution is at your end.

See if it occurs with your pedals in relay bypass, and try disconnecting things until it goes away – this may give you some clues.

dustinbox
        nickrose wrote:

My guess is that you have some kind of local ground loop, and the "weird pulsing" is an effect operating on the hum.

If this is the case the solution is at your end.

See if it occurs with your pedals in relay bypass, and try disconnecting things until it goes away – this may give you some clues.

My assumption is a grounding problem. I didn’t think about switching to relay. I’ll try that in the morning and post the results.

dustinbox

So that took care of it. Well, the main problem. Now it’s just the expected hum from single coils. Kind of quiet in the background vs it being super loud and pulsing regardless of the gain stages turned on.
      Thanks for the help!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.