Weird result programming hot switch H9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Weird result programming hot switch H9

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      tonyshred
      Participant

Hey!

I just updated the H9 firmware to 5.9.1 and I get this funny result and I’ll try to explain it as accurate as possible.

I am programming the hot switch via IOS H9 control app on the space algorithm with tempo engaged, and want to change the delay settings via the hot switch knob. (Middle performance) At default I set 1/4 note and I press and hold the hot switch until is starts blinking, then I set it to 1/2 note and press the hot switch again. After some randomly activation of the hot switch it goes to no delay when the hot switch is engaged. I only experience this on tempo related parameters, and had the same weird result in the Ultratap algorithm as well. I get the same result even if the algorithm is saved to the H9 and disconnected to H9 control.

I got the same result on my iPhone and iPad as well. Obviously not connected at the same time.

I have all my external connections via midi, no physical switches.

I did not try this on previous firmware so I’m not sure if it is the latest one that brings these results.

Please help

Tony.

tonyshred
      Participant

A friend of mine was able to get the same results at both both 5.8.5 and 5.9.1.

tonyshred
      Participant

Wow, is there really no interest in this?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hello Tonyshred, I’ve confirmed this behavior and made others aware. However, it manifests in an erratic manner; I have to go back and forth between delay settings for a while before it reverts to “No Delay.” Also, for me, saving the preset after making adjustments to the Hotswitch reduces the frequency of the problem. This is a tricky one, but we’ve got eyes on it now.

mattcau
      Participant

Dear all,

I would like to share an issue similar to what Tonyshred describes. In my case, it concerns programming the hot switch with the “EQ Compressor” algorithm.

On the software side, my H9 firmware is 5.9.1 and I am using the 4.03 version of the iOS “H9 Control” app to control the H9 over Bluetooth.

Using the iOS app, programming and switching the hot switch ON and OFF works fine. The issue arises after having uploaded the preset to the H9. When the hot switch is ON, the sound is much different from what it was using the iOS app : it gets high and shrill. Thus, I have reloaded the preset from the H9 into iOS. I observe that, when switching the hot switch ON and OFF, the various buttons controlled by the hot switch move but the Treble control. I suspect the information related to the Treble control is not stored on the H9 after uploading the preset. The sound suggests that the treble boost is maximum, while it is visibly set to -4.5 dB. As soon as I move it a little, all the highs disappear.

Any idea to avoid this issue ?

Best regards,

Matthieu

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Can you please send me this preset that works in the app but not on the pedal?

You can export/email it to your computer and attach it here.

mattcau
      Participant

Dear Bohan,

The incriminated preset is the first one in the attached preset list.

Looking forward to get your feedback.

Best regards,

Matthieu

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      vvarvel
      Participant

Hello—I’m having a similar problem as described above when trying to program hotswitch functions in the PitchFuzz algorithm using the H9 Control app.  I’m trying to program delay to be added when the hotswitch is active and it allows me to save the delay level and feedback, but the delay times get reset to off as soon as I save the preset.

camn
        Participant

vvarvel- are you saving in H9 control?

Back in the day, I used to have problems saving small changes to a preset in H9 control, and I started saving using the physical buttons on the H9 and it got way more consistent.

Just a workaround, sure, but it made my life less annoying.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.