What directory in Windows

Home Forums Products Stompboxes What directory in Windows

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      KCStratman
      Participant

What directory in Windows 8.1 / H9 Control 2.6.0 do I find the file listings of Presets and Preset Lists for text editing?

One of the things I like the least about the H9 graphic display is the inability to present a complete 99 preset list of presets in a one page or at most two page view, it is extremely tedious only being able to view a few tiles with preset titles at a time, constantly having to drag, scroll, and click around to see more than a few contiguous presets at a time. Perhaps a simple Tiles / List View option for viewing the list of Presets within Preset Lists would be the best way to alleviate the problem  since their seems to be no hope of a full-screen 1920 pixel wide version of H9. this seems to be by far the worst considered and undeveloped aspect of H9 Control is that it seems to be primarily suited to cell phones and mini pads and fails to consider serious use on full size computer screens. It may seem cost prohibitve from ET’s viewpoint to produce a full size graphics version of H9 Control but I would argue that it should have been developed as a Windows app for full size/resolution screens in the first place and fruity branded cell phones and pads last. Don’t forget, the more exclusively apple-centric any device is, the less desireable and useful it is to the world. Thanks!

gkellum
      Participant
      KCStratMan wrote:

What directory in Windows 8.1 / H9 Control 2.6.0 do I find the file listings of Presets and Preset Lists for text editing?

They are under AppData/Roaming/H9 Control/PresetLists.

KCStratMan wrote:

One of the things I like the least about the H9 graphic display is the inability to present a complete 99 preset list of presets in a one page or at most two page view

Yes, that request has come up in the past.  It has been on our to-do list to offer a view option that drops the algorithm icon in favor of fitting more presets in the available space.

KCStratman
      Participant

Thank you. It is still very tedious to get an easily printable list of just the titles of presets within a preset list. What would be the most straightforward way (least cut copy paste and text editing) to acheive this? Since it is impossible in H9 Control to get just a complete list of presets within a preset list on screen in one to two screens maximum for a printscreen/edit image to form a coherent list view/print, we seem stuck with trying to printscreen the file list in AppData which leaves all the extraneous file info besides just the preset titles. I want just a clean list of preset titles within a preset list in text form to edit font parameters and print. Suggestions? Thanks!

gkellum
        Participant
        KCStratMan wrote:

Suggestions?

Well, there's all kinds of tricks you could do using developer tools.  I suppose what I'd do is open up a command window, move it into the directory, use a command to list the files in the directory, and then copy and paste that into a file I could print.

For example if you type the following command it will put you in the directory for the preset list '1 My Preset List'

>cd "c:UsersgkellumAppDataRoaminH9 ControlPresetLists1 My Preset List"

If you type the following command on Windows it will list all the files in the preset list

>dir /b

Here's what the output looks like for my preset list:

0001 NEBULA.tide

0002 HEY HONEY.tide

0003 PULSAR.tide

0004 CHORUS BUMPS.tide

0005 PULSATING.tide

0006 POLYMODELICIOUS.tide

0007 Sag Harbor.tide

0008 Bisque.tide

0009 Big Muffler.tide

0010 FROM A BAD DREAM.tide

0011 REVERSELOWS.tide

0012 NS REVERB.tide

0013 REGGAE WAHDELAY DARK.tide

0014 TIME SLIPS2.tide

0015 WAH ECHO1.tide

0016 FunkGuit.tide

0017 JCM to Metal.tide

0018 ParkedWah.tide

metadata.tidel

KCStratman
      Participant

Sorry for the omission, to be complete, “I want just a clean list of preset titles within a preset list in text form to edit font parameters and print.” …without having to copy and paste (let alone type) ninety-nine individual preset titles into a text document. Thank you any suggestions for converting preset lists into an easily printable list of preset titles would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

KCStratman
      Participant

Right, that is exactly the kind of  “tricks using developer tools” I wish to avoid and I hope would not be demanded of thousands of customers desiring this functionality. I am looking for a straightforward method to print a list of presets within a preset list without resorting to any kind of arcane command line operations or extensive text editing. This method would still require utilizing command line operations (of which I am capable, but unwilling to indulge in for what should be acheived from Windows GUI), having to 99 times manually delete the .tide extension and erasing extraneaous zeros from the 99 preset numbers to get a clean simple list of presets within a given preset list is unacceptably cumbersome and time consuming. A straightforward “print preset list” function within H9 Control would be the thing if there is no other simple straightforward method available. Thanks!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.