What does the H9 power supply look like?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes What does the H9 power supply look like?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      bengarland
      Participant

I have two relatively new H9 units and somehow, upon rearranging my studio, I have misplaced the power supplies. I have a few that definitely meet the specs, but none of them say Eventide on them. Can somebody please take a pic of their power supply, including the label on it, and post here? Or am I crazy, and the H9 just doesn’t come with a power supply? Thanks!

Fender17
      Participant
      bengarland wrote:
       I have a few that definitely meet the specs, but none of them say Eventide on them.

My power supply has Eventide written on the label. It Is HS12401R. Otput 9V DC, 500 mA, + on centre. I have a European power supply and it does not have changeable adapters for dfferent countries, so the powr supply for other regions differs for sure. 

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      bengarland
      Participant

Thanks for the help. This is indeed a mystery. I bought these two H9s about 2 months ago (here in Japan), then took a break from recording for the holidays after I played with them for a bit and updated the firmware (which I am nearly sure, I just plugged into one of my compatible power supplies that I already had on my bench). Now that I’ve rearranged my studio and went to finally integrate the H9s into my rig, I can’t find the power supplies. I have all of the manuals and the black velvet bag but can’t locate either of the power supplies. I’ve gone through every power supply in my studio, every box, every nook and cranny.

Is it completely improbable that I’d buy two H9s and neither one would come with a power supply? It seems just as improbable to me that I’d lose both of them… I’m just curious what you guys (at Eventide) think… because really I can’t think of an explanation of how two identical power supplies would disappear, as nobody else has access to my studio and I definitely did not toss them out by mistake since I break down every box completely flat before I throw it out (and I actually used the H9 boxes as mailers to send some gifts to a friend, so I know the boxes were empty).

Anyway yeah… this is really weird.

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff
      bengarland
      Participant

It must be this? These are the only 2 identical PS in my studio that I don’t know what they go to and they seem to match the specs for the H9 — I thought they were left over from some other stuff I bought, since I have one of these MerryKing brand PS (different voltage and connector size) that came with a cheap Chinese computer accessory. Didn’t expect to see this brand to come with my H9s, but this must be it.

It says OUTPUT: 12V 500mA (center positive)

Mystery solved?

bengarland
      Participant

Forgot the pic (attached) for future reference if anybody else has this issue.

Fender17
      Participant

Strange. My Eventide supply that came with H9 is 9V and H9 works. But spec written on H9 pedal says 12V.

bengarland
      Participant

Yeah I don’t understand either. Japan’s power supply is functionally equivalent to the US (same plug, 100V vs 120V). The official Eventide power supply runs on 100V to 240V so it’s a bit baffling that I got an unofficial one here in Japan. It probably doesn’t matter in the end since it’s all made in China and the same “quality”.

I do wonder if my H9 will run slightly hotter since the internal voltage regulator will work harder on an input of 12V vs 9V?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

As Bohan mentioned, the Japanese power supply has to meet local regulations, so may be slightly different.

The H9 has a high-efficiency switching power supply, so will not get hotter at 12V.

bengarland
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

Like this:

https://store.eventideaudio.com/collections/accessories/products/power-supplies-for-stompboxes

Just to clarify, every H9 sold comes with a power supply in the box? I’ve turned my studio upside down and can’t find an Eventide branded supply for either one of my H9s.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      bengarland wrote:

Just to clarify, every H9 sold comes with a power supply in the box? I've turned my studio upside down and can't find an Eventide branded supply for either one of my H9s.

Every H9 supplied by Eventide comes with an Eventide power supply in the box.

Usually, you would notice its absence when you first opened the box. It is remotely possible that one might be omitted, but vanishly unlikely that two would be missing.

bengarland
      Participant
      nickrose wrote:

Every H9 supplied by Eventide comes with an Eventide power supply in the box.

Usually, you would notice its absence when you first opened the box. It is remotely possible that one might be omitted, but vanishly unlikely that two would be missing.

For sure, I’ve definitely misplaced them somehow. Last question: I bought them in Japan which has US style electric power. Would the power supplies have fixed prongs, or the slide off adapters?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      bengarland wrote:

Would the power supplies have fixed prongs, or the slide off adapters?

We may go to slide off adaptors in the future, but currently they are fixed.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      bengarland wrote:

Thanks for the help. This is indeed a mystery. I bought these two H9s about 2 months ago (here in Japan), then took a break from recording for the holidays after I played with them for a bit and updated the firmware (which I am nearly sure, I just plugged into one of my compatible power supplies that I already had on my bench). Now that I've rearranged my studio and went to finally integrate the H9s into my rig, I can't find the power supplies. I have all of the manuals and the black velvet bag but can't locate either of the power supplies. I've gone through every power supply in my studio, every box, every nook and cranny.

Is it completely improbable that I'd buy two H9s and neither one would come with a power supply? It seems just as improbable to me that I'd lose both of them… I'm just curious what you guys (at Eventide) think… because really I can't think of an explanation of how two identical power supplies would disappear, as nobody else has access to my studio and I definitely did not toss them out by mistake since I break down every box completely flat before I throw it out (and I actually used the H9 boxes as mailers to send some gifts to a friend, so I know the boxes were empty).

Anyway yeah… this is really weird.

Oh I didn't know you are from Japan. Because Japan has a specific certificatation requirement for the power supply, so our Japanse distirbutor has a different power supply for the H9. You can send a email to them and ask what their power supply look like.

bengarland
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

Oh I didn’t know you are from Japan. Because Japan has a specific certificatation requirement for the power supply, so our Japanse distirbutor has a different power supply for the H9. You can send a email to them and ask what their power supply look like.

What’s their email address?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.