What effects? Follow you Follow me – Genesis

Home Forums Products Stompboxes What effects? Follow you Follow me – Genesis

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      EdRaket

Can someone please help me out. I can't figure out how to make the guitar sound of Follow You Follow Me from Genesis. I have enough pedals (o.a. Time factor and H9) and know what to play, but I just can't get the sound right.

I guess it is a clean guitar signal with a delay and a flanger. Can someone advice me on how to setup the delay (what delay, which settings?).

Thank you so much,

Ed

Bodde
      Participant

Just tried it on my Axe fx. I am not with my H9 right now.

It easy to recreate. The most important thing is the delay setting and how you play the pattern. Go for tempo 100 (or 300ms). Set delay to 1/8 and one repeat. Think in a dotted eight playing rhythm and play the melody on the G  string alternate with the open D string as a pedal (each time one note on G string and one note on D string). Use palm mute and the second pick up position of your strat (if you have one). Than you can add a flanger effect before the delay. That's it!

Nice pattern and effect!

EdRaket

Hi Bodde,

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to help me out. I now nailed it. I actually got the delay right, but never understood that you also needed to play the D string. I only hit the G-string and couldn't get it right. When I started to alternate with the D-string, like you said, it all came together and sounded right. Thank you very much!

Bodde
      Participant

ok great! glad I could help…good luck playing that nice riff. I like Genesis (especially the older stuff) but somehow never noticed that guitar line. So I have to thank you for that.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.