What happened to EvenMidi / Franck?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes What happened to EvenMidi / Franck?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      bengarland
      Participant

Hey, anybody knows what happened to EvenMidi / Franck? (he was user “poppy” here)

He was posting updates every few weeks about the new version of his H9 controller, but then there was no update since January 28… and now since 3 days ago, the EvenMidi site has been unreachable. I tried to email him but the email also got rejected. I’m starting to get concerned because usually if people forget to pay their webhost bill or something, the site is back online in a day or two… especially since it’s his business and he probably has some incoming orders or support requests every day.

I thought maybe someone at Eventide might have his phone number or alternate way of contacting him besides email? It would be nice to know he’s ok.

camn
      Participant

I just messaged him– i guess the server farm he hosts at burned down 🙁

Poppy
      Participant

Hello and thank you for this kind message. Don’t worry. The website is down because a lot of servers burnt at OVH France on Tuesday : 

Unfortunately our server was inside at the wrong place. The fire start because of an inverter bad repaired at the morning.

We have a backup at another place, and we have ordered a new servor, but it will takes time because OVH is overwhelmed…

I hope that OVH can confirm the new server this week.

By the way enclosure prototypes are incoming for the new controller… Hope it will not burn too… No luck ^^.

I will put a message on our facebook page.

Thank you :).

Franck

apalazzolo
      Participant

Happy to hear you are well!

luedmo
      Participant

hello Franck

Glad you are OK and the new production run is going forward as planned, sorry to hear about your server problems 🙁

That maybe explains why my email to you didn’t get through – I hope it is OK to repost here – about upgrading my v2 2017 evenmidi to 1.4 from 1.2

https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/evenmidi-firmware-14-upgrade#comment-41591

If anyone (Bengarland or Camn?) could advise I would be very grateful indeed

Sorry to be a bother

:Lu

bengarland
      Participant
      Poppy wrote:

Hello and thank you for this kind message. Don’t worry.

I’m happy that you are ok 🙂 Thanks for telling us.

bengarland
      Participant
      Poppy wrote:

By the way enclosure prototypes are incoming for the new controller… Hope it will not burn too… No luck ^^.

I will put a message on our facebook page.

Thank you :).

Franck

Hey Franck, is there any new update?

I’m patiently waiting to see the progress since March…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.