What midi pedal with Time Factor?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes What midi pedal with Time Factor?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Ihate100bees

Just curious to know… what you guys are using to switch your presets by foot, on the Time Factor? I I need to jump back and forth fast and simple in the Banks, for recalling presets. I think a midi pedal is the only way, correct?

I will be looking for the smallest midi controller pedal available. Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks!

ctc

The smallest one I found was the midi mouse. For me the smallest practical foot controller was the Rocktron midi xchange. Look up my review of these in this forum. Then take a look at the Liquid Foot Jr. It's slightly larger but with virtually limitless upgradeable computer-like capability.

garbagetruckdriver
      Participant

actually you should check out the extension switch  – you can build one or there is a guy on the net called this1smine (or something like that) that builds them.  You need a (Tip Ring Sleeve) "TRS" 1/4 phono plug, and three momentary switches (oh and a box to put it in).  Wire it up so that sw1 momentarily closes Sleeve and Ring, sw2 momentarily closes Sleeve and Tip, and sw3 momentarily closes all three.  Go into set up and you can configure the function of these three switches – including one to do Bank Down!  Very handy.  If you get stuck, PM me.

MarcoR
      Participant

Smallest and amazingly flexible = LiquidFoot + JR+

It's what I use to control a TimeFactor, PitchFactor, Space, Egnater M4, RM4, RT2/50, 2 GRX4s and GLAB 2xLoop. A switch can have two functions assigned or a preset / IA switch can have up to 4 steps assigned. So even though there are only 8 switches on the JR+ it's more like having 32. Plus there are 4 expression pedal outputs that can be configured as expression or stomp switches. It also has a command that allows you to change which device an expression pedal is controlling.

You also can configure multiple page layouts so you could have one for your presets and one for controlling specific parameters on a device. For example a page layout dedicated to just the looper on the TimeFactor.

I am just scratching the surface of possibilities with the this incredible controller with a very small footprint.

Ihate100bees

Thanks, I will check them out!

Ihate100bees

Thanks. I will need to check these out. The smaller, the better. so I can fit it onto my board.

Ihate100bees

Those units are pretty pricey! I'm looking for something much simpler, and cheaper in price… less than $150. I just need it to move presets, up and down… fast. Thanks though. The info was appreciated.

Ihate100bees

This seems more practical for what I am needing, for now. I'm going to look into this option. I may be getting back to you for a little help? Hopefully it won't take too much to build it. Thanks again!

Ihate100bees

The midi Mouse and the Rocktron is within my budget. I think it will do what I am asking, here. Both look like great options. Thanks again!

garbagetruckdriver
      Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWbD-0_5eYc

Jump to roughly 9mins in and he explains the T1M extension switch.   You can build it yourself, way cheaper than a midi controller…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.