where can I buy an regular Eventide TF power supply

Home Forums Products Stompboxes where can I buy an regular Eventide TF power supply

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      alwalt
      Participant

I've read a lot about power supplies and the Factor pedals, without getting convinced about any particular solution…

In the meantime, my powersupply is dying, going on/off when you barely see it.. 😀

Where can I get a regular TF wallwart power suppy?

Musiciansfriend say they don't carry them. I need to buy online, I live in Costa Rica..

REgards

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You can get them from the Eventide Store

http://eventidestore.com/stompboxes.html

alwalt
      Participant

Thanks a lot Nik… I see 4 types listed on the photo ?

how can I specify wich one I need whe I buy?

bhaberman
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Hello alwalt, please visit this link specifically:

http://eventidestore.com/powersupplies1.html

You will see a drop-down box with the four power supply options.  Simply select the power supply you want and click "Add to Cart."  The US (p/n 105278) adapter is probably what you need.  There are no exclusions prohibiting you to place an order from Costa Rica, so you should be good to go. 

alwalt
      Participant

ok.. hmm.  duuuuh!!

I tough it was a country origin or something like that. Order placed! thanks a lot!

hywelg

Before you do buy one, or indeed after you do, then you'll have a spare!, check the wires where they exit the 'restraint' on the wart. Mine broke through the insulation here after only a few trips to rehearsals and it was because I was winding the cable round the wart after use. Its quite possible you have an intermittent connection here.

alwalt
      Participant

Yes indeed. Mine is placed under the pedaltrain, in a walwart. My cable is placed under the board also, thoerically the cable never moves and it's always plugged into the factor. But, life's beach, it did broke. It's not as bad as not powering at all, but as you said, with the slight touch power goes on or off… My case is a  "not moving cable failure".. go figure!

Once I have the new one, I'll take a look at the old one and see if I can fix it as spare…

Thenks a lot!

hywelg

I modded mine afterwards. Put two 2.5mm outlets hoping I could power two factors but I get ground loop problems with 2. It works well for one tho'

alwalt
      Participant

I placed the order for a new one. Hard to believe there are no practical options to power the factors from other sources…. Time will tell.

Thanks!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

alwalt:

Hard to believe there are no practical options to power the factors from other sources

Time has already spoken ….

http://eventidestore.com/cidcacliposu.html

darrenw5094

nickrose:

alwalt:

Hard to believe there are no practical options to power the factors from other sources

Time has already spoken ….

http://eventidestore.com/cidcacliposu.html

I am sorry Eventide, but the above post that you replied to, was asking for an alternative power supply option for the TM because you guys can't give us a good one. The OP wanted the original, but not everyone on here.

lchender

The above mentioned link doesn't work. What gives? I'd like to buy one of these power supplies.

bhaberman
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Hi lchender, from a recent press release: available late February, we have partnered with a seasoned power supply manufacturer who has been making precision supplies for 20 years. This new high quality regulated linear power supply solution powers up to 3 Eventide stompboxes plus 4x 9VAC/100mA taps for your other pedals. The PowerFactor will carry a 5 year parts and labor warranty.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.