where is the output stage for pre/post?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes where is the output stage for pre/post?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      _xxERICxx_

Hi.

On the h9 is the output stage in the pre or the post when set up in the pre/post mode?

Thanks in advance.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – don't understand the question. Hopefully someone else will.

_xxERICxx_

Oops… my apologies.

So in the H9 General Settings there is an option called Routing. Under that there are routing options… Normal, Pre/Post, and Wet/Dry.

In Normal, for my case, I use it before the amp. Guitar to in and out to amp. Then I know that adjusting the output level of the presets is just that, pushing the amp a but harder as I turn up the output.

But now I am using it in Pre/Post, so guitar to input 1, output 1 to amp. FX Loop out of my amp to input 2, output 2 to my FX Return of my amp. This way I can use reverbs in POST and things like Phaser in PRE.

So in this case… does the output of each preset follow it’s Pre/Post setting?  So that in a PRE preset the output – when increased – effects that signal to the Amp’s INPUT or will effect the signal the Amp’s FX Return/Power Amp??

I hope it is more clear – and thanks.

Eric

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm not sure that I understand even now. My best guess is that you are asking whether the preset output gain applies to the channel with the effect.

If so the answer is yes. The non-effect channel is essentially bypassed.

It should be easy enough to try it and demonstrate that this is the case.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.