Where to place my H9 in my pedal series?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Where to place my H9 in my pedal series?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      jhibbs93
      Participant

Hello all,

I’ve owned my H9 Max for a while now, and something has been bugging me about the output level.

I am a violin player, and this is currently the series that I have in my set up:

Violin (with Fishman V-200 Pickup) > Electro-Harmonix POG Micro (Octave pedal) > H9 Max > Tuner pedal > Radical SB-4 Active Piezo DI Box > Mixer

When I activate my Octave pedal, the input into the H9 increases – so for any presets that I use with the octave pedal, I have to make a second preset with the output level reduced.

Can anybody recommend anything to try and fix this?   Is there something I can buy to equalise the input to the H9 so that it’s the same regardless of if the octave pedal is activated?

NB I am a very novice pedal user, so if it’s something really obvious – I apologise!

Thanks in advance.

Joe

badmoki
      Participant

Hey…Don’t turn those knobs on the POG up so much and that should fix it…Also you might wanna put the tuner first or have a buffer split at the beginning that sends signal to the tuner so it’ll work well when those other pedals are engaged

jhibbs93
        Participant

Hey…Don’t turn those knobs on the POG up so much and that should fix it…Also you might wanna put the tuner first or have a buffer split at the beginning that sends signal to the tuner so it’ll work well when those other pedals are engaged

Thanks for the advice – I can certainly put the tuner first!

I’ll try not having the POG knobs so high; I don’t use the octave up function at all, but the octave down is a full, as is the dry signal knob.  I use it when using the Diatonic algorithm – means I can play nice chords.  I’ll try to find the right levels on the POG so that it doesn’t blast into the H9.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.