where to put the pitchfactor?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes where to put the pitchfactor?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      konstantine3

I have the time and mod factors in my Series loop on my Mesa Roadking 1. I plan on geting the pitch factor but would it go into my loop with the other two or should I put it in front of the amp with my wah, TU-2, clean boost and the wireless? Would I have to use a buffer ?

Thanks

Kon

achaput

Hi Kon,

PitchFactor will work both in front of the amp and in the effects loop. These two choices have different sounds. In front of the amp is a dirtier sound and might be a good choice for heavy sounds like factory Presets 30:1 through 31:2.

In the loop is the cleanest way to go. You could try experimenting changing the order of PitchFactor, TimeFactor, and ModFactor in the loop for sound variations.

Personally I would start with PitchFactor first in the loop, then TimeFactor, then ModFactor and see how you like that.

That's a killer rig you'll have there!!

Alan

konstantine3

So three of these in that order in a series loop? How about loop  level setting recommendations?  I have also a parrellel loop but thats inoperative at the moment but which type of effects loop is best suited for the stompboxes?

Anyhow I will try your recommended placement of the stompboxes as soon as I can get my hands on that Red box!  I am in a coverband and we play "Wish you were here" by incubus and I want to emulate that weird sound in the bridge and so far I cant get that sound with the other two boxes …I actually use a digitech whammy double octave setting with the time factor's Mod delay to sim that effect..my band likes to dupe the songs we play and Incubus is an effect guitarist's band. 

But when I heard how clear the effect was in the Namm show youtube and a few private You tube vids I know I must have that pedal. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.