White noise

Home Forums Products Stompboxes White noise

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      hendrik7

I'm experiencing a lot of white noise with my pedals whenever I go straight in front of the amp. No noise in the effects loop but as soon as I plug it in front it's very evident. What makes it even worse is that two pedals is double the noise!

Anyway to fix this white noise? Is this fixable in a future update?

I've been thinking of selling my amp and buying one without a loop and this has me worried 🙁

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You don't even say what pedals you have or what amp. Pretty hard to help.

That said, if you have 'Factors, try playing with the line switches as described in the manual. Also, make sure that your guitar is turned up.

Any (and I mean any) digital unit can be noisy if the various gain settings are wrong – you may need some help setting up. 

If one pedal is noisy, it may be faulty, but probably not all of them.

hendrik7

I'm sorry. I keep forgetting this isn't just an H9 subforum.

I'm talking about the H9 – two of them to be exact. The white noise is evident no matter the amp I plug in, but my usual amp is a Mesa Mark V.

pauliusmm

I also eperience this white noise issue. I run H9 in the loop of Axe fx II its very noticeable when i engage the loop.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

pauliusmm:

I also eperience this white noise issue. I run H9 in the loop of Axe fx II its very noticeable when i engage the loop.

Really?

i am running 3 of them in the loop of the Axe-FX II and have no issues at all.

it might be worth us comparing levels to try and track down the problem

pauliusmm

Would you mind sharing your level settings?

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

pauliusmm:

Would you mind sharing your level settings?

will do… Might be tomorrow though.

will document how I set it up as having it pre / post amp would make a difference 

hendrik7

Weird thing with my issue is that whenever I'm in the loop of my Mark V there's no noticeable white noise. It's only when I plug in front of the amp(and other amps).

hendrik7

So I take it this is just "normal"? White noise is just an inevitable byproduct?

If that's the case, I really hope this will be solved in a future H9 update(a hardware update I'm assuming is necessary?).

I love the effects(especially the reverbs!) and I have a considerable amount invested in algo's so I really hope this will be addressed and not swept under the carpet.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry you are having trouble. But, excessive noise is not normal with these units. If you think yours is faulty, you should return it to your dealer or Eventide for service.

But, my guess is that the problem lies somewhere in your setup – the fact that it is noisy in some places rather than others rather suggests this.

Make sure your guitar is full up, and try the "Setting Levels" procedures in the UM.

hendrik7

I've tried all settings levels but the white noise is always evident when plugging straight into amps (tried it on three different amps!).

The only time the white noise is almost non existent is when I plug into the loop of my Mark V. I don't think that tells me there's a problem with my setup, cause I'm using two different H9's and the noise is evident in both units. I think this speaks more about the effects loop in the Mark V(it seems to take certain brilliance from the sound to engage the loop vs. hard bypass).

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.