Will a Boss FV500H exp.pdl work with Eventide stompboxes?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Will a Boss FV500H exp.pdl work with Eventide stompboxes?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      wilkinsi
      Participant

I know it will work with my Boss GT-10, but am hoping I can control both that and my Space pedal at the same time.

wilkinsi
      Participant

Bonus question: Assuming the Boss FV500H is compatible, I want to send commands to three stompboxes simultaneously (e.g.: control pitch on the Pitchfactor, control modulation level on Space, control phaser depth on GT-10). Will splitter boxes cause problems even though they are designed to work with stereo cables?

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Not sure about the H version, but I used the L version fine.

I did use a splitter box when I had three factors… It technically worked… But was not very practical to be honest as it controlled too much that just seemed to make things a mess… I suppose I could have spent more time switching off the factors I did not want to control…. But it go kinda complicated.

Another way to do it is control the first factor with a single lead then control the others with MIDI.

For me, in the end I opted for a mission expression pedal that has 2 channels, you change channels with a toe press… Down side is you can only control 2 units and only one at a time… Unless you use the midi option.

wilkinsi
      Participant

The Space's spec sheet says the exp pedal socket requires a mono 1/4 jack, not a stereo like my Boss unit. I was under the impression a stereo cable would be seperate send and return/toe and heel, no?

As for the FV500, the L means low impedance, the H meaning high impedance, so I'd be able to use the H version as a volume pedal if required at some stage. Both versions only have one EXP jack, hence the need for a splitter for controlling parameters on both the Boss GT-10 and the Eventide Space at the same time.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Understood… Re HIgh and Low impedance … Although in all honesty I have used the L version cot volume too without the drama I expected.

The splitter box I had made was all TRS … Let me go and check again as it was years ago that I was using it with my TimeFactor and ModFactor then the PitchFactor… But I changed to Mission Just after the PitchFactor came out

Let me go and check to see if it works with Space as I would probably have only used the mission with Space…. But it is still a TRS.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Just checked, buth TRS and Mono worked fine, TRS seemed to work out of the box as I would expect…. Heel = 0 Toe = 90 (need to calibrate I guess)

Interestingly Mono worked the other way and I had to play with the knob on the side to get it to go from heel = 100 to Toe = 0

Either way it works, but would need a little calibration work.

Tried it on a couple of stock presets ModEchoVerb and Blackhole.

I double checked and I do have the L version.

Cheers

Martin

wilkinsi
      Participant

So stereo it is then. Thanks.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

No worries, happy to help.

Sorry I could not be speciffic with the H version.

wilkinsi
      Participant

I connected the stereo jack to the Space. The SPC manual says move the exp pedal to heel, the EDITED LED flashes (briefly I might add), then move the knob to be controlled. By the time I move the FV500's pedal position, its already controlling two parameters I don't want. The EDITED LED also stops flashing/goes solid very quickly. Do I need to clear the exp assigns somehow? Is there a more intuitive way to assign the pedal to knob functions? All I want to do is control the Pitch A and B, so that when A moves to a positive amount, B moves to a negative. On another preset, I want the FV500 to adjust between Flange 100 and Sweptverb 100.

wilkinsi
      Participant

Forget my 2nd example. I fixed that with the Hotswitch.

wilkinsi
      Participant

I feel there must be a more intuitive way to clear and assign new EXP PDL settings, perhaps using FactorLib by setting (alpha-)numeric values for toe and heel position? Educate me please.  

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.