Will a CV pedal work with Pitchfactor?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Will a CV pedal work with Pitchfactor?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

As I’ve been through 5 passive expression pedals now trying to get a smooth throw with the Pitchfactor, I’d like to ask: Will a CV expression pedal work?  I figure if the pedal is controlling the voltage it will be smoother throughout.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      KentuckyThrash wrote:

As I've been through 5 passive expression pedals now trying to get a smooth throw with the Pitchfactor, I'd like to ask: Will a CV expression pedal work?  I figure if the pedal is controlling the voltage it will be smoother throughout.

Depends on your exact problem. If:

1) The control range is bad, i.e. too tight at eithr the top or bottom, a CV pedal will help.

2) The pedal is not reading the pedal quickly enough, so that changes are jerky, a CV pedal will not help.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

H9 is the same as PF. The jack is designed for expression pedals rather than for CV, so you're kinda using something that it is not designed to do, but might be worth trying.

nickrose wrote:

KentuckyThrash wrote:

As I’ve been through 5 passive expression pedals now trying to get a smooth throw with the Pitchfactor, I’d like to ask: Will a CV expression pedal work?  I figure if the pedal is controlling the voltage it will be smoother throughout.

Depends on your exact problem. If:

1) The control range is bad, i.e. too tight at eithr the top or bottom, a CV pedal will help.

2) The pedal is not reading the pedal quickly enough, so that changes are jerky, a CV pedal will not help.

Great.  Scenario 1 is the case.  Can you provide any CV specs / recommendations for the pitchfactor?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      KentuckyThrash wrote:

Great.  Scenario 1 is the case.  Can you provide any CV specs / recommendations for the pitchfactor?

The PF wants an input between 0 and 3.3V.

It will not be damaged by values outside this range (within reason!), but the full control range will only be between 0 and 3.3.

nickrose wrote:

KentuckyThrash wrote:

The PF wants an input between 0 and 3.3V.

It will not be damaged by values outside this range (within reason!), but the full control range will only be between 0 and 3.3.

Hmm.  So a +5V expression pedal’s last 20% of sweep or so wouldn’t do anything?  I don’t see any pedals out there with specifically a 0 to +3.3v range.  Would the Mission SP-H9 work with the Pitchfactor?  Is the H9’s expression input the same as the Pitchfactor?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.