Will existing H9 algorithms get updated or revised?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Will existing H9 algorithms get updated or revised?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      joegrant413
      Participant

Hello,

The subject line probably says it all…. will any existing H9 algorithms get updated or revised? 

I’m assuming you folks only get better at what you do smiley, so if and when you come up with a much better version of something, it would be great to know you’ll be releasing it. Whether or not it comes out under the same name, I’m indifferent. Though I suppose we want to at least now an algorithm changed, especially if we are using presets of it in performance.

Cheers,

– Joe

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If we find fixes for problems (or big improvements) we pass them on. But, as you imply, we have to try and remain preset-compatible, otherwise the problems caused exceed the benefits.

nickrose wrote:

If we find fixes for problems (or big improvements) we pass them on. 

Wouldn’t a level based buffer reset in reverse delay (a la Strymon Timeline) be a big improvement? it’s the only way to have predictable results based on how you play, and many H9 algos already have envelope controlled options.. And I can’t see how this could create any backward incompatibility.. 

javiceres
        Participant
        tommasoferrarese@mac wrote:
        nickrose wrote:

Wouldn’t a level based buffer reset in reverse delay (a la Strymon Timeline) be a big improvement? it’s the only way to have predictable results based on how you play, and many H9 algos already have envelope controlled options.. And I can’t see how this could create any backward incompatibility.. 

What about ModFilter algo? It has one “unused” knob.
        It really would be useful to add a “cut-off offset/fine tune” or “resonance offset/fine tune” parameter…

Frankly speaking, the fact that there are no dedicated cut off frequency and resonance knobs is the only thing that keeps me from buying that for my H9 (a big pitty since the resonance sounds really sweet and has great potential).

Bodde
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

Interesting topic! I have the H9 for some years now but I haven’t seen many updates or improvements on existing algos. Most of the updates where enhanced software or functionality of the H9 but not the algos themself. I wonder how much time is spend by Eventide an revising or improving the older algos? People have shared their wishes in several topics. Obviously you can’t address all the requests but their is certainly room for improvement in some algos. I have the feeling more time is spend in creating totally new algos instead of improving the old ones. But I am not sure….

javiceres
      Participant

I think this is a very reasonable request ^_*
      Isn’t it?

javiceres
      Participant

Eureka!

What about a some sort of soft  clipping or hard comp for the feedback delay algos but only when feedback is set to 110 ?

smiley

That wouldnt get in the way of the existing user presets of the already sold units. on the other hand it would allow for a variety of dirty delays; that would give a second life to the existing algorithms helping compete even better with Strymon delays (most of wich have grit parameter)…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.