Will the Tap (Hold) function ever be programmable (tuner, hot switch, etc.)?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Will the Tap (Hold) function ever be programmable (tuner, hot switch, etc.)?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      MrSparkle
      Participant

Ideally, I’d like to program to hold the tap tempo switch for tuning mode, but as I understand, this is impossible? Any possible FW update on the horizon or is this one just not gonna happen?

Just debating my options with footswitches.

I need 4 commands: scroll up/down, engage tuner, and engage the hot switch.

4 button switches takes me out of the TRS aux (3-button) market, and puts me in MIDI realm, which I’m trying to avoid, to keep that left MIDI port unused (pedalboard space).

Otherwise I might end up going with an OX9 underneath and biting the bullet, getting a mini 2-button MIDI pedal to jam on the board somehow and re-orient the other pedals. This way I’d have 4 switches to play with.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Ideally, I’d like to program to hold the tap tempo switch for tuning mode, but as I understand, this is impossible? Any possible FW update on the horizon or is this one just not gonna happen?

This is not possible. There are no plans to implement this functionality. The tuner can be accessed by pressing both footswitches simultaneously. However, with a 3-button aux switch (or OX9 and a Tesla Tap) you would be able to do what you want to do.

H9 right footswitch scrolls up
      TIP switch = scrolls down
      RING switch = Tuner
      T+R switch = HotSwitch

You may program any switch to any command, this is just an example.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.