With the TimeFactor in stereo, how can I have one side fully dry and the other fully wet?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes With the TimeFactor in stereo, how can I have one side fully dry and the other fully wet?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      danut

I want to use my TimeFactor for a double tracking effect live (the so-called John Petrucci 7 ms delay trick). I want to have a short 7 ms delay between the dry sound on the left and the wet sound on the right. How can this be done, since the Global Mix control works for both delays at once?

Thanks!

danut

Bump!

mix  – 100%

Dly Mix – A -10 B-10

Dly Time A – 7ms

Dly Time B – 0

Feedback A – to taste

Feedback B – 0

Dly time A set to 7ms I could not really notice the offset I bumped up to about 65ms

danut

Thanks for your answer! I tried your settings but it doesn't work. Theres a serious loss of volume. I must stress that I'm not feeding the TF with a stereo signal, I 'm only going mono into it…Might this be the case of the problem? 

Also, at 65 ms the human ear is already preceiving separate sounds, so this setting cannot be used, it is quite a slapback already!

I tried it in mono sounded good to me, but I am not to familiar with John P so I really can't compare the sound I am getting to his 7ms delay trick.  I do know  when I just have the amp on with the 7ms delay set to 100% wet there is no latency when I pick a note and hear the note.  With both amps on I can't really hear much of a difference then when the TF is in bypass.  I set to 28ms and I actually liked it more than the 65ms (not so much of a slapback sound) that I saved it to a preset.

Good Luck,

A

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.