XY pad doesn’t work for touchscreen PC’s?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes XY pad doesn’t work for touchscreen PC’s?

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      lordradish
      Participant

Not sure about the previous version, but the XY pad in the new version of H9 Control doesn’t seem to work with a touchscreen PC! I just got a touchscreen laptop because I wanted to make the most of the H9 control program. What’s up with that? It’s kind of useless for performance, otherwise, as a mouse isn’t really practical.

gkellum
      Participant

I was playing with my colleagues Windows Surface Pro last week. It seems that the only way you can use the XY pad on the Surface Pro is with a stylus.  For whatever reason, when you're using your finger to move around, it doesn't send the application mouse drag events that it needs to track your finger's movement.  I'm sure there's something deeper reason why they did things this way but I don't know the Surface Pro well enough to say what it is.

lordradish
      Participant

Thanks for your response. Is this something they can address in a future release?

gkellum
      Participant

Is this something they can address in a future release?

Who do you mean by ‘they’? Microsoft? It could be that there’s some system setting that will change this behavior. Like I said, I just played around with my colleagues Surface Pro for a little bit. So, I don’t know it at all well. I’d try googling around and seeing if there’s a way to change this behavior.

lordradish
      Participant

By “they” I mean Eventide. I was wondering if this was something that could be addressed in the program, itself. I don’t have a Surface Pro (there are a lot of other touchscreens out there), so that’s why I was thinking it could be addressed on the programmer’s side. Basically, the program should be able to have anything that is responsive to a mouse to be responsive to a touch on the screen.

gkellum
      Participant

I was wondering if this was something that could be addressed in the program, itself.

Well, it’s possible, but it’s not likely to happen soon due to the fact that it would take a lot of time to figure out and that’s not something that anyone else has been asking about.

lordradish
      Participant

Fair enough. I do think, though, especially with the lack of Android support, there are going to be increasing numbers of non-iOs users that are going to want to have the option of being able to use the software to its fullest potential.

st.bede
      Participant

IDK… maybe use a Korg nanopad instead. I have never used one sso I can not vouch for it. Since I have a McMillen Soft Step 2, I would love to hear what you are wanting to do. So far only one device I have ever played made great use of an x y controller. If I rember right it was an old Yamaha Synth. I have one on my V-synth but it never really inspires me. Maybe I lack the creatvity to utilize it but I always seem to just tweak knobs and use the wheels… the touch strip works well for me also. Maybe I need to check out Korg’s Koass pad again.

lordradish
      Participant

I’d like to simply be able to manipulate the XY pad in a live setting, on my touchscreen computer where all of my other audio software resides. Not worth buying another interface for it, just figured if you’re releasing software for all platforms, you should be able to use that software on all platforms. Part of the reason I bought a touchscreen is because the Android app never materialized.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.