Yeah, But The Modulation Effects …

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Yeah, But The Modulation Effects …

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #113172
      brock
      Participant

      50 presets: five each from the ModFactor’s ten algorithms.  It’s part of  this weekend’s project to explore all of the H9 modulation capabilities, and compare results using different algorithms & ‘Factor sources.  From my DropBox:

      http://www.dropbox.com/s/e6hk9otwn6i51qz/Yeah%2C%20But%20The%20Modulation%20FX%20…h9z?dl=0

      I haven’t put together a file listing + preset description yet.  All of the presets have expression pedal mappings (in a few cases, they’re fairly essential).  Just let me know if there are any problems loading this Preset List into the H9 Control app.

       

    • #142216
      gkellum
      Member
      brock wrote:

      50 presets: five each from the ModFactor's ten algorithms.  It's part of  this weekend's project to explore all of the H9 modulation capabilities, and compare results using different algorithms & 'Factor sources… Just let me know if there are any problems loading this Preset List into the H9 Control app.

      That's an awesome list brock!  Thanks for contributing it.  I had trouble importing it into H9 Control on my mac, but I renamed the h9z file extension to zip and it unzipped fine.  I'm trying to figure out why H9 Control is having trouble importing the h9z file though.  It seems that it's having trouble understanding the header for the h9z file and getting the names of the files included in the zip.  Could you tell how you generated the file?  You're working on Windows I believe, no?  What OS version are you running?  You just used the normal "export preset list" function in the preset list screen to export the h9z file?

      Here's a link to the rebuilt h9z file which should import fine when dragged and dropped on H9 Control:

      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1383432/Yeah%2C%20But%20The%20Modulation%20FX.h9z

       

      • #142217
        brock
        Participant

        Greg, it’s indeed Windows 8.1, on an i7-3630QM @ 2.40 Ghz 6GB laptop.  It’s virtually dedicated to my rack and pedalboard for control.  I generated the List with More -> Export preset list from the Presets List Options.  In hindsight, I did add a few “trailing periods” on the file name itself [ Yeah, But The Modulation FX …h9z ]. I don’t know if that constituted illegal characters.

        I did have a few H9 Control crashes after the Preset List was compiled.  That is, I usually go through each of the presets & fine-tune; checking for screwups.  Sorry I didn’t note the crash dialogues [ H9 Control stopped working … ].  I was ‘in the zone’, and kind of flying through everything.  The process was swapping between Preset List and Preset, checking the expression mappings, wet/dry mix tweaks, etc.  Then hit Save (under Preset), and H9 Control would immediately give up the ghost.

        That happened maybe a dozen times out of a hundred operations, if that.  Funny thing, I didn’t lose any of the tweaks, so it did complete the Save.  Relaunched the app, and everything was right where I left it.  Save again, and it was fine.  Return to the Preset List.  I’m saturating you with my process details, in case something turns out applicable.

        Plus, there’s easily another 100 or so related presets to follow, so I need to get it right.

    • #142223
      Bodde
      Participant

      Thanks Brock that’s a great list! Can you please tell me how to import these all at once as a seperate preset list? so that it doesn’t overwrite my other presets. I am using a mac.

      • #142225
        gkellum
        Member
        bodde wrote:

        Thanks Brock that's a great list! Can you please tell me how to import these all at once as a seperate preset list? so that it doesn't overwrite my other presets. I am using a mac.

        If you drag and drop it on H9 Control, it will import as a preset list and not as individual presets, which is if I understand you correctly what you want.

      • #142237
        Bodde
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

        bodde wrote:

        Thanks Brock that’s a great list! Can you please tell me how to import these all at once as a seperate preset list? so that it doesn’t overwrite my other presets. I am using a mac.

        If you drag and drop it on H9 Control, it will import as a preset list and not as individual presets, which is if I understand you correctly what you want.

        Just want to have the whole list at once.

        Show More...

        Where exactly do you drag and drop it? in the preset list tab? I have tried to drag the h9z file in there but nothing happens. I have only imported presets once and I forgot how I did it. Can you say step by step what I have to do?

         

        Show Less...
    • #142232
      ckisgen
      Member

      Awesome, Brock. You are the man. Can’t wait to try these out later today..

    • #142238
      Bodde
      Participant

      Sorry. I managed to import it now. You have to get the link in the second post not the first! And you have to restart H9 control to see the preset list. Didn’t have the chance to listen yet.

    • #142249
      Bodde
      Participant

      I Brock. I have been exploring all your presets. Great stuff in there. I especially like the Undulator presets. Haven’t use that algo so much up until now and I love it. I am also curious about your delay presets.

      Question when I am in preset list tab and I like a preset how can I ‘convert’ it to a user preset in the H9 control? Now when you press save when in preset lost ‘mode’ the changes are save to the preset list and not as a user preset. You can;’t choose where to save it (?). I want to be able to pick out some presets from that I like from a preset list and make some changes and have it in my user presets on the H9 control. Is that possible?

       

      • #142250
        gkellum
        Member
        bodde wrote:

        I want to be able to pick out some presets from that I like from a preset list and make some changes and have it in my user presets on the H9 control. Is that possible?

        In the preset list overview screen you can select a preset from a preset list, click on the more button in the upper right hand corner of the screen, and select 'copy to user presets' to save it to your user presets.

    • #142252
      Bodde
      Participant

      ok, great! I overlooked that option. That’s stupid from me.

      While we are here; is it still not possible to edit my posts on this forum? Sorry for the off topic but was trying to correct my spelling mistakes…

      • #142254
        gkellum
        Member
        bodde wrote:

        While we are here; is it still not possible to edit my posts on this forum? Sorry for the off topic but was trying to correct my spelling mistakes…

        I think there are funny rules about whether you can edit a post or not.  I think you can edit it until someone posts in response to your post.  I personally didn't see much sense in having that sort of restriction, but that's how it is…

         

         

    • #142293
      jgoldbach
      Participant

      HI Brock,

      The policy is that original posts can be edited until there is a comment and then they're locked. Comments cannot be edited. Feel free to comment on the thread announcing the feature if you would like to see it changed.

       

    • #142306
      KCStratman
      Member

      Excellent work as usual, Brock. Lots of great modulation effects ideas to build upon. Thanks!

    • #142328
      KCStratman
      Member

      I had trouble with the first “mod fx” preset list too, it crashed H9 control several times. (Win 8.1) I renamed it and got it to load. I am not sure why the original file size was 105kb but once I saved and renamed it then re exported it it was only 53kb like most of my preset list files, even after I expanded it from 50 presets to 100 presets with the second 50 as duplicates to easily modify while preserving the first 50 for reference. .I have uploaded the tested and working preset list to Dropbox as “Mod FX by Brock” and attached for direct upload below.

      Excellent work once again, Brock. Your contributions alone have made the H9 system worth the investment, period. Hopefully we will see the new TimeSpace algo a few parsecs from now, prepare to lead us in exploring the galaxy Commander Brock!

      • #142354
        brock
        Participant
        KCStratMan wrote:

        I had trouble with the first “mod fx” preset list too, it crashed H9 control several times. (Win 8.1) I renamed it and got it to load. I am not sure why the original file size was 105kb but once I saved and renamed it then re exported it it was only 53kb like most of my preset list files, even after I expanded it from 50 presets to 100 presets with the second 50 as duplicates to easily modify while preserving the first 50 for reference.

        I’m catching hell on this.  At first, I thought it was a Windows / Mac issue, but you and I are holding out, at Windows 8.1.  So I just updated H9 Control 2.6.0 (for the SpaceTime algo), and went back through the preset list process repeatedly.  Dragging & dropping (or Importing) my own .h9z files kept returning “contains no presets or presets list” errors.  This after renaming, re-saving, etc.  Then I started rebuilding the same preset lists from scratch, using the original user presets.

        But you provided a key clue.  The presets list file size kept increasing with every action; each one adding the original file size to the new total.  I got up to around 153-175K for 30 presets, in a size-limited list.  Obviously, something’s wrong here.  It’s as if a ‘blank’ list gets appended onto each rename, save-over, or re-export action.

        KCStratMan wrote:
        I have uploaded the tested and working preset list to Dropbox as “Mod FX by Brock” and attached for direct upload below.

        Thanks, KC; I appreciate the assist.  Perhaps the moderators would consider replacing my broken preset list with a working one, as I can’t edit the link out on my own. But I may be onto what’s going on here, or at least figuring out how to avoid it again [ for example: Quit tweaking & fine-tuning them! ].

        KCStratMan wrote:
        Excellent work once again, Brock. Your contributions alone have made the H9 system worth the investment, period. Hopefully we will see the new TimeSpace algo a few parsecs from now, prepare to lead us in exploring the galaxy Commander Brock!

        Show More...

        At first, the same craziness went on here.  I made sure that I followed all of the ‘rules’ on the new update(s),  I believe that I actually repeated some of the installs and restorations; just to be certain.  But the preset lists still showed signs of growth hormone injections.  So I started over again from scratch, and managed to export (and successfully re-import) 30 SpaceTime presets.  File size holding around 27K.  Fingers crossed.  If you get the chance, give them a test drive (in an upcoming thread).

        Show Less...
      • #142407
        gkellum
        Member
        brock wrote:

        I'm catching hell on this.  At first, I thought it was a Windows / Mac issue, but you and I are holding out, at Windows 8.1.  So I just updated H9 Control 2.6.0 (for the SpaceTime algo), and went back through the preset list process repeatedly.  Dragging & dropping (or Importing) my own .h9z files kept returning "contains no presets or presets list" errors.  This after renaming, re-saving, etc.  Then I started rebuilding the same preset lists from scratch, using the original user presets.

        But you provided a key clue.  The presets list file size kept increasing with every action; each one adding the original file size to the new total.  I got up to around 153-175K for 30 presets, in a size-limited list.  Obviously, something's wrong here.  It's as if a 'blank' list gets appended onto each rename, save-over, or re-export action.

        I have been trying to reproduce this issue, but so far I haven't been able to.  I tried using H9 Control on a Windows 8 machine, but I didn't see the problem occur there. It was a 32 bit Windows installation though, and you are working on a 64 bit Windows 8 installation.  So, I'm guessing it may have something to do with your OS being 64 bit.  It's on my todo list to set-up a 64 bit Windows vm and try to reproduce this problem in that environment.

    • #142329
      AAgnello
      Moderator
      Eventide Staff

      SpaceTime? If all goes well, tomorrow. 

    • #143815
      michaelslespaul
      Member

      Hello All

       

      Im new to importing these presets. Once dragged to the control should the file open automatically or do i need to search for it.

      • #143818
        gkellum
        Member
        michaelslespaul wrote:

        Im new to importing these presets. Once dragged to the control should the file open automatically or do i need to search for it.

        I made a quick video showing how to import presets into H9 Control from the Dropbox folder:

        https://youtu.be/NZdUF__s0R0

      • #143825
        brock
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

        I made a quick video showing how to import presets into H9 Control from the Dropbox folder:

        https://youtu.be/NZdUF__s0R0

        Good tip on importing the ‘legacy’ .syx files, as well.  Thanks for that, Greg.

        If that’s been a documented feature all along, I must’ve missed it.  Or never thought to try it out.

      • #143827
        michaelslespaul
        Member
        gkellum wrote:

        michaelslespaul wrote:

        Im new to importing these presets. Once dragged to the control should the file open automatically or do i need to search for it.

        Thank you for your time. Im not sure what i was doing wrong but I did get it working. 

         

        Have a Great Day!!!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.