Massive Otherworldly Reverberator
What lies beyond a Blackhole’s Event Horizon? Is it a place where time itself freezes or where gravity folds in upon itself? Is it a portal to another dimension? There’s only one way to find out. Escape Earth and create haunting echoes, ethereal landscapes, and otherworldly ambiences with Blackhole – a reverb pedal as big and mysterious as the cosmos.
…To a Place Unknown
Discover what lies beyond mere halls, rooms, plates, and springs; let Blackhole transport you to an alternate dimension of ambience. Pick and choose from five otherworldly presets – create supermassive atmospheres with the ethereal reverb of Blackhole, soar through nimbus clouds with the airy delay of Dark Matter, achieve sonic supernovas with the resounding swirl of Nebula, experience an uncharted galaxy of sound with the warmth of Singularity, and achieve a stellar rotation of sonority with Pulsar – or get creative and create presets of your own. Blackhole can load as many as 127 presets via MIDI and they are also accessible in the preset list on the Eventide Device Manager (EDM). Unlock a universe of sound-sculpting capability! With this magnitude of flexibility, Blackhole will take you on a journey from cathedral-esque spaces to a new frontier of aural experimentation.
- Five presets loaded at your feet with dozens more available with Eventide Device Manager (EDM) software
- Control the Size of your space from a cartoonishly small room to a limitless universe.
- Use PreDelay to offset the onset of the reverb.
- Turn up Feedback to go beyond the event horizon.
- Tap the Freeze Footswitch to instantly ‘freeze’ your sound.
- Dual action Active Footswitch is latching or momentary.
- Rear panel Guitar/Line Level switch for selecting use with guitar, synths, FX loop or DAW interface
- Map any combination of parameters to an Expression Pedal.
- Use a single Aux switch to Tap Tempo or a triple Aux switch for easy preset changing (up/down/load).
- MIDI capability over TRS (use with a MIDI to TRS cable or converter box) or USB
- Multiple Bypass options: Buffered, Relay, DSP+FX or Kill dry
- Catch-up mode helps dial in your sound when toggling between presets/parameters.
- Eventide Device Manager PC or Mac application for software updates, system settings and creating/saving presets
- Fine-tune your tone with Lo, Hi and Q (resonance) controls. Use the tone controls to add airiness or clear up the low-end. Map the EQ controls to an expression pedal to add movement to the reverb tail.
- Unique Gravity control to custom-tailor the reverb tail in two realms — normal or inverse decay. Create interesting swells or suck the dry signal back into the reverb tail. At longer decay times, Blackhole allows the articulation to shine through without competing with the reverb tail.
Limitless and boundless, Blackhole features two types of infinite reverb. “Infinite mode” continuously layers new sound on top of a suspended reverb while “Freeze mode” holds the effect in stasis, allowing you to play over the reverb tail. The Freeze Footswitch allows instant access to this feature.
Unlike other reverbs which may offer pre or post-modulation, Blackhole features modulation built into the very reverb structure itself: this modulation can be used to smooth out the rough edges of the most extreme settings and offers a unique tone-shaping ability.
Escape the Expected
Like all Eventide pedals, Blackhole allows you to fine-tune every aspect of the effect. With our new, user-friendly, intuitive interface, just about anyone can shoot for the moon and land beyond the stars. A historical foundation of Eventide’s sound, the Blackhole reverb pedal opens a Milky Way of possibility on your pedalboard. Add this extraordinary sonic vessel to the mix and prepare to launch into the stratosphere!
Artists Using Blackhole Pedal
Eventide Device Manager
Unlocking the full potential of your Eventide pedal is easy with EDM. Connect the pedal via the USB port to your computer for direct access to all functionality of the pedal. EDM software allows users to control every parameter in a digital realm: Install software updates, create and manage presets, set up MIDI, and backup/restore the device. Effortlessly make changes by auditioning and experimenting with different sounds directly from the software.
Available for Blackhole Pedal, MicroPitch Delay, TriceraChorus Pedal, UltraTap Pedal, H9 Max, Rose, and Factor Series.
1/4″ TRS / Mono = Tip, Stereo = Tip & Ring
1/4″ TS Mono / Mono Output
1/4″ TS Mono / Stereo Output
1/4″ TRS / Expression pedal, Aux Switch or MIDI I/O
Sets Input to Mono (Tip) or Stereo (Tip + Ring)
Guitar/Line Level Switch
Optimizes internal gain structure
Software updates, MIDI I/O
DC Input Jack
5.5mm / 2.1mm plug / Center Negative (-)
700k ohms Mono, 990k ohms Stereo
Max Input, Guitar
Max Input, Line
Recommended Load Impedance
9V DC @ 200mA / Center Negative (-), 5.5mm/2.1mm jack (BOSS standard)
4″ W x 4.25″ D x 1.68″ H / 102 mm x 108 mm x 43 mm
1.06 lb / 0.48 kg
7.7″ W x 4.75″ D x 2.8″ H / 178 mm x 121 mm x 71 mm
1.68 lb / .77 kg