Mastering with a Brain
Elevate is the most advanced mastering plug-in ever created. This unique multi-band limiter, human-ear EQ, and powerful audio maximizer will increase the loudness of your mix while maintaining or improving its dynamic perception. It uses intelligent, adaptive technology that responds in real-time to your music, creating not only the loudest but the best-sounding master.
Developed by Newfangled Audio, Elevate maintains subtle dynamics and improves the tonal balance of your mix. The adaptive limiter analyzes 26 frequency bands and alters the gain, speed, and transients for each band in real-time. The result is a transparent, natural sound, no matter how hard you push it.
Elevate utilizes 26 critical filter bands modeled from the human ear. Each of the bands is spaced to give maximum control over how the sound hits your eardrum. Draw curves, solo bands and manipulate the transient attack for each individual band to bring out particular instruments such as kick or snare drums.
Elevate uses artificial intelligence algorithms to make it easy for you to get the best sounds, but you can still get under the hood for as much precise control as you desire. This includes giving you control over the tonal balance and transients inside the final limiting stage. The adaptive algorithms reduce audible artifacts and the additional controls give you maximum flexibility with professional results.
- Analyzes and alters the gain, speed and transients of each filter band in real time
- Includes presets by: APS Mastering, Matt Lange, Jeremy Lubsey, Eric Beam, ROCAsound, Chris Tabron and John McCaig
- Automatically adapts the attack, release and look-ahead parameters for each filter band to greatly reduce “pumping” and breathing artifacts and perceived distortion
- Preserves or emphasizes fast transients to avoid squashing your mix
- Manipulates transients across the critical bands to preserve the attacks from kick drums, snares and cymbals, without affecting the entire mix
- Uses linear phase auditory filters — based on the Mel Scale — to manipulate the audio in a way that is natural to your inner ear
- Solo the output of one band (or a number of bands) to hone in on problem frequencies, tweak transients or alter gain
- Use the Auto Output Level feature to compare the limited signal to non-limited signals with the same amount of gain allowing you to easily hear what impact the processing is having on your sound
- Use the Spectral Clipper to overdrive the final output without affecting the tonal balance or allowing the signal to get “tubby.” Perfect for a more aggressive sound
- Six different types of metering allow you to keep an eye on every aspect of your output audio
- New preset librarian adds Categories, Tags, Descriptions, Artist links, Favorites, and Search to presets.
- Multi level undo/redo for easier workflow.
- True A/B comparison for making better mixing decisions.
- New Delta Listen Mode allows you to hear the changes being applied to your input.
- SET AS DEFAULT button allows you to save any settings as your default.
Graphic EQ uses filters that are modeled on the human ear. Perfect for mixing and mastering, EQuivocate’s auditory filters and match EQ functionality make it incredibly powerful, simple-to-use, and natural-sounding. EQuivocate includes a parametric EQ, compressor, gate, soft saturation, transformer emulation, micro pitch shift, and stereo delays. Combining this with a linear-phase filter shape that reduces pre-echo creates a difference you can hear.
Based on the Transient Emphasis section of the award-winning Elevate Mastering Limiter, Punctuate is a multi-band transient modulator based on the critical bands in the human ear. Punctuate’s intelligent algorithms allow you to control the transient emphasis or suppression of all 26 critical bands with just 4 controls. This makes for an incredibly powerful but very easy-to-use transient modulator.
Saturate is the Spectral Clipper that features a sophisticated signal-processing engine that allows it to overdrive a signal without affecting the tonal balance no matter how hard you push it. Add up to 12 dB of clipping with a variable shape parameter that moves from a pleasant soft curve to full hard clipping. Additionally, the SHAPE control allows you to smoothly morph between hard clipping and the mathematically smoothest curve possible. Use Saturate to overdrive individual tracks or your entire mix.
There is no EQual
Professional mastering engineers, mixers, and musicians have all added Elevate to their toolbox. Use it on your next project and hear the difference.
Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Adele, Green Day, Beyoncé
“I’m really loving Elevate, using it on almost every mix now. The transient processing is genius!”
Paul McCartney, Katy Perry, The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen
“I really like Elevate. It has a somewhat unique sound to it, which is a great addition to my limiter toolset.”
Radiohead, DJ Shadow
“This is truly an incredible plug in. I have been waiting for a long time for something like this. In particular, how it handles transients and attacks is completely unique!”
Vampire Weekend, Moby, The Raconteurs
“The surgeon’s scalpel of plug-in limiters. It opens up a world of control and sound-shaping options…Even with deep limiting, it keeps the pulse and musicality intact.”
Sebastian Arocha Morton
Sting, Seal, Santana
“I’m mastering some songs at 96K and it performs like a dream…the multi-band transient enhancements and the spectral clipper for electronic stuff is sick!”
Frank Ocean, Allan Kingdom, Tank and the Bangas
“Elevate is so precise and so musical when it’s really working hard and being pushed.”
Deathcab for Cutie, Peter Frampton, King Crimson
“This is a KILLER limiter! It really can sound transparent and clean while making a mix loud.”
Halo Wars 2, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Massive Chalice
“I’m really impressed with Elevate, it’s kind of an unbeatable limiter with regard to being able to make things super loud, punchy, and not distorted.”
(Mastering Engineer, Chief engineer at Formosa Santa Monica)
“This thing is dangerous & fun!”
Bitcrush, Seapony, Sufjan Stevens
“This is my new go-to mastering plug-in, I often use nothing but Elevate for an entire album!”
“It’s the best limiter I’ve ever used.”
Choose your Color
Elevate comes with 3 different color variations.
About Newfangled Audio
Newfangled Audio was started by former Eventide Engineer, Dan Gillespie, in order to research and develop signal processing techniques that are new to the field of professional audio.
Elevate Mastering Bundle is created by Newfangled Audio and distributed by Eventide.