FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
13th April 2021
Contact: Frank Wells
Tel: (615) 585-0597
Eventide’s New UltraTap Pedal Delivers a Multiverse of Tone
Little Ferry, NJ, April 13, 2021 – Joining Blackhole® and MicroPitch as the third member of the dot9 pedal family, Eventide Audio’s new UltraTap is a unique multi-tap delay pedal that delivers rhythmic delays, glitchy reverbs, huge pad-like volume swells, and expressive modulated effects in a compact form. The dot9 UltraTap is the result of forty years of development that began in 1981 with Eventide’s Digiplex and Multitap Delay algorithms for its legendary SP2016 Effects Processor, which evolved to become the H3000’s UltraTap and culminating in the advanced UltraTap available as both a plugin and H9 algorithm. The new UltraTap pedal further builds on this legendary effect offering the ability to add as many virtual tape heads as desired along with the ability to expressively control head position and output level enabling new and unprecedented effects.
The compact top panel offers direct control of twelve parameters to create simple repeats or morph delays into chorus and reverb. The pedal’s Spread function controls the effective distance between up to 64 Taps, morphing from closely spaced at the beginning of the delays, to evenly spaced, then closely spaced at the end of the delays, letting a player dial in song specific rhythmic spaces between taps. Taper controls the level of subsequent Taps either fading them up, down or constant over time. The exclusive and innovative Slurm control can smear or slur Taps together to produce unique reverbs and choruses. The Chop and Speed/Rise/Release controls work together to allow unusual and expressive amplitude modulation of Taps to chop a sound source into stuttered rhythms.
Five presets can be accessed directly from the pedal using the Active and Tap footswitches, with up to 127 in total stored under the hood and accessible via MIDI or the Eventide Device Manager application (EDM). These two footswitches allow full performance control of Active (momentary or latching), Tap Tempo, and Preset selection and loading.
On the rear panel, the multi-function Exp jack allows for the connection of an expression pedal, an external single Aux switch, or a triple Aux switch for easy preset changing (up/down/load) as well as MIDI over TRS capabilities. Multiple bypass options are available – Buffered, Relay, DSP+FX, or Kill Dry. The rear panel USB jack provides a connection to a computer for use with EDM, software updates, and MIDI over USB control. The Guitar/Line Level switch allows level-matching with guitars, synths, FX loops, or DAW interfaces. The rugged, gig-ready silver UltraTap pedal also features mono/stereo ins and outs.
- Control the stereo image of taps to alternate between hard-panned and mono.
- Five presets loaded at your feet with dozens more available with Eventide Device Manager (EDM) software
- Dual-action Active Footswitch is latching or momentary.
- Onboard LFOs and envelopes to chop the sound source into stuttered rhythms.
- Rear panel Guitar/Line Level switch for matching levels of guitars, synths, FX loops, or DAW interface
- Map any combination of parameters to an Expression Pedal.
- Use a single Aux switch to Tap Tempo or a triple Aux switch for easy preset changing (up/down/load).
- MIDI capability over TRS (use with a MIDI to TRS cable or converter box) or USB
- Multiple Bypass options: Buffered, Relay, DSP+FX, or Kill dry
- Catch-up mode helps dial in your sound when toggling between presets/parameters.
- Eventide Device Manager PC or Mac application for software updates, system settings, and creating/saving presets
The UltraTap pedal is available for $279 (MSRP) from Eventide dealers worldwide. To learn more visit https://etide.io/UltraTap-pedal or click below.