- Control the stereo image of taps to alternate between hard-panned and mono.
- Five presets loaded at your feet with dozens more available with Eventide Device Manager (EDM) software
- Dual-action Active Footswitch is latching or momentary.
- Onboard LFOs and envelopes to chop the sound source into stuttered rhythms.
- Rear panel Guitar/Line Level switch for matching levels of guitars, synths, FX loops, or DAW interface
- Map any combination of parameters to an Expression Pedal.
- Use a single Aux switch to Tap Tempo or a triple Aux switch for easy preset changing (up/down/load).
- MIDI capability over TRS (use with a MIDI to TRS cable or converter box) or USB
- Multiple Bypass options: Buffered, Relay, DSP+FX, or Kill dry
- Catch-up mode helps dial in your sound when toggling between presets/parameters.
- Eventide Device Manager PC or Mac application for software updates, system settings, and creating/saving presets
- TAPS selects up to 64 taps to create simple repeats or morph delays into chorus and reverb.
- SLURM – An exclusive and innovative control that smears/slurs taps together to create truly unique reverbs and choruses.
- FEEDBACK unlocks further tone shaping capability.
- CHOP and SPD/RISE/REL combine to allow unusual and expressive modulation of the taps based on LFO shapes or the audio’s envelope.
- SPREAD controls the ‘distance’ between’ taps. With the knob centered, the taps are equally spaced, turn clockwise and the later taps are bunched together, counterclockwise and the early taps are bunched together. Use this control to dial in the perfect rhythmic space between taps.
- TAP Footswitch allows you to set the tempo of the taps.
History of UltraTap
The dot9 UltraTap is the result of forty years of development that began in 1981 with Eventide’s Digiplex and MultiTap Delay algorithms for its legendary SP2016 Effects Processor, which evolved to become the H3000’s UltraTap and culminating in the advanced UltraTap available as both a plugin and H9 algorithm. The new UltraTap pedal further builds on this legendary effect offering the ability to add as many virtual tape heads as desired along with the ability to expressively control head position and output level enabling new and unprecedented effects.
Artists Using UltraTap Pedal
Eventide Device Manager
Unlocking the full potential of your Eventide pedal is easy with EDM. Connect the pedal via the USB port to your computer for direct access to all functionality of the pedal. EDM software allows users to control every parameter in a digital realm: Install software updates, create and manage presets, set up MIDI, and backup/restore the device. Effortlessly make changes by auditioning and experimenting with different sounds directly from the software.
1/4″ TRS / Mono = Tip, Stereo = Tip & Ring
1/4″ TS Mono / Mono Output
1/4″ TS Mono / Stereo Output
1/4″ TRS / Expression pedal, Aux Switch or MIDI I/O
Sets Input to Mono (Tip) or Stereo (Tip + Ring)
Guitar/Line Level Switch
Optimizes internal gain structure
Software updates, MIDI I/O
DC Input Jack
5.5mm / 2.1mm plug / Center Negative (-)
700k ohms Mono, 990k ohms Stereo
Max Input, Guitar
Max Input, Line
Recommended Load Impedance
9V DC @ 300mA / Center Negative (-), 5.5mm/2.1mm jack (BOSS standard)
4″ W x 4.25″ D x 1.68″ H / 102 mm x 108 mm x 43 mm
1.06 lb / 0.48 kg
7.7″ W x 4.75″ D x 2.8″ H / 178 mm x 121 mm x 71 mm
1.68 lb / .77 kg